Search for content in message boards

Pethybridge

More Pethybridge's

Posted: 16 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Pethybridge

Buried in Oak Ridge Cem. in Springport,NY (Cayuga Co.) are the following Pethybridges's; John (1881-1955),Maude(1878-1959), Wesley(1906--) and Maude(1909--).

Pethybridge

Posted: 16 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2001 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Pethybridge, Yawger
Seek parents and info on Stanleigh Allan PETHYBRIDGE or PETHERBRIDGE born 14 July 1900, Town of Springport, CAYUGA County,NY., died Nov. 1980. Wife, Rose Yawger. Father may have immigrated from England.

More Pethybridges

Posted: 17 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2001 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Pethybridge, Petherbridge, Yawger
Thanks for your info, but I already went through all the cemetary listings and copied them. I am trying to find the first Pethybridge to come from England and settle in the Springport area in Cayuga County. He is not listed under naturalizations. I believe the first one spelled his name Petherbridge.

Re: Pethybridge

Kathy Bench-Martin (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2001 7:36AM GMT
Surnames: Anthony, Pethybridge, Yawger
Hello,
I have info on Stanleigh Pethybridge, he was married to my grandfather's sister. Please reply for more info.
Kathy

Posted: 23 Dec 2001 11:20PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2003 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: Pethybridge/Petherbridge, Yawger
Hi! I am trying to piece together the Pethybridge family tree for my two grandsons. They may not be interested now, being 13 and 10, but in the future I will give it to them. Their father is Pethybridge. Their great-grandfather was Stanleigh Pethybridge 14 July 1900-Nov. 1980. there grandfather was also Stanleigh
Pethybridge 15 June 1930- 26 Mar. 1974.

Norman Pethybridge (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2004 10:23PM GMT
If it helps you search there are a great many Pethybridges around Bovey Tracey in Devon my Grand father left that area to join the Devonshire Regiment at the start of the First world War, he later settled in central London.
I live on the Cambridgeshire Bedfordshire borders. Further to my first comment the is a hamlet (a few houses) called Pethybridge! All in the U.K.

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 8:36AM GMT
Hello,

My name is Sarah Pethybridge and I am looking for information regarding the Pethybridge family in Australia, the UK (around the Devon area) or in the USA. Does anyone know whether there is a place called "Pethybridge" in the UK?
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sarah

Norman Pethybridge (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2004 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: PETHYBRIDGE
In Devon near Bovey Tracey there is a small village of Lustleigh very close is a hamlet of appox a dozen houses called PETHYBRIDGE I used to have a photograph of it with my son.

My grandfather Sidney lived near (not known exactly where) Bovey Tracey he joined the Devonshire regiment during the first world war. after the war he settled in London he had four children the surviving son my father Francis Henry Pethybridge after leaving the army 1947 finnaly settled in Luton north of London he had one son norman. it gets boring if you want more let me know,

Norman

Sarah Pethybridge (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2004 4:55AM GMT
Hi Norman,

Thanks very much for your reply. Your story is fascinating...I am always interested in the Pethybridge ancestry..and would be interested in more details. At the moment I am trying to piece together the family tree of Pethybridge's in Australia. The original immigrant into Australia was Joseph Pethybridge who married Anna Hamlin and migrated to Australia in the 1870's. If you would like any further details I am happy to email them to you to see if our ancestry in the UK links up at all.

Thanks again
Sarah

Posted: 22 Apr 2007 1:48AM GMT
Hi Sarah
Our name is Clive and Sharee Harris. Clive's grandmother was Mary Jane Pethybridge of Mt Morgan in Queensland Australia. It is our understanding that she had syblings as follows:
Elizabeth Harriet 31/5/1885
Emma 19/12/1888
William George 24/1/1890
Mary Jane 27/12/1891 (Clive's grandmother)
Robert Thomas 29/7/1895
Richard Hannaford 11/6/1899 - 1944
We know that Mary Jane and William George moved to NZ in the early 1900's. Mary Jane had a daughter on the boat trip over. Her name was Eileen Laura Williams (married name Harris). I have a bit more info should you want it.
Also, during my investigations I came across a Wills Family of Lustleigh. I have given you the website as it mentions the area of PETHERBRIDGE. Good luck
http://website.lineone.net/~mike.wills/lustleighfarms.htm

Any ofther information you have on the Pethybridge family would be appreciated. Particularly in Devon and USA.

Thanks and bye for now
Sharee and Clive Harris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.