Search for content in message boards

Tutelo tribe of Mauch Chunk

Tutelo tribe of Mauch Chunk

Posted: 20 Nov 2003 12:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: tutelo, eckrote, roth, cunfer
Looking for info on the Indian tribe Tutelo of Mauch Chunk. My 6th greatgrandmother has suppose to be from this tribe. and help would be great. Tammy

Re: Tutelo tribe of Mauch Chunk

william w. roth (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2004 5:12AM GMT
CHECK WITH HELEN ROTH AS GREAT AUNT EFFIE ROTH
IS OF AN INDIAN TRIBE AROUND THAT AREA..
SHE SINCE PASSED AWAY PROB ABOUT MARCH THIS YEAR AT 101 YEARS.
WE ARE RELATED TO CONRATH.\
WILL GIVE PHONE NO AND EMAIL ADDRESS UPON REQUEST

Posted: 10 Nov 2004 2:49AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2005 6:41PM GMT
My great grandmother Alice and her mother were indians and lived in Mauch Chunk in 1800-1900 timeline. I would like to communicate with anyone who may be able to help with information on the Tribe there. Please email me. Thank You!!

Posted: 4 Feb 2005 3:25AM GMT
I too have relatives from Mauch Chunk who were supposed to be indians. I have been looking at the Tutelo and Saponi tribes as our most likely options. The family names involved would be Hoffman, Thompson and perhaps Whitehouse. If you wish, respond.

Posted: 11 Apr 2008 4:04PM GMT
Tammy,

Is your Indian ancestor in the Cunfer family?

Pat

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 9:49AM GMT
Yes, they are

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 12:24PM GMT
Tammy,

Can you e-mail me at pshirock@fast.net. I tried your e-mail but it didn't go through.

I'm not sure if I corresponded with you before. You're not on my correspondence list, but then I don't have everyone listed that I corresponded with over the years. I also have a reported Indian in my Cunfer ancestry and I would like to compare notes with you.

Pat Shirock

Posted: 18 Jan 2009 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: Hoffman, Engle, Thompson
In addition, we have the family name of Engle which may be related to our search of the Tutelo and/or Saponi Tribes in the Mauch Chunk area.
I am specificallylooking for Susannah Engle or Benjamin, Jacob or Alice Hoffman.
Does anyone know if there are Indian cemetaries in that area that are not marked in public records. We have made inquiries and visited all the church cemetaries, but realize we probably would not find our great grandmother and great great grandmother and grandfather if they were buried in an Indian burial area. Please respond if you have any info.

Posted: 22 Aug 2011 6:41PM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2014 9:58AM GMT
Surnames: Brown
Hi,
Update....My grandmother 3rd, we only knew of as Morning Star, later to be found as Rebecca.
Her father was Daniel Lightfoot an Englishman from Maryland. Married a Brown. I have their marriage certf., its hard to tell her first name. My old computer died with their certf., but its here on Ancestry.
We know she was Blackfoot of the east through many relatives inquriers, and my dads sister married their 2nd cousin from the same Indian grandfather and knew the same.
I just put more info today on a query further down. Please look for more nfo.
Thank you,
Kindest regards,
Linda

Posted: 22 Aug 2011 7:24PM GMT
My daughter-in-law's grandmother was a Morningstar. The grandmother was born in Montana and is rumored to have Native American ancestry. That's all we know.

What can you tell me about the Tutelo Tribe and the Morningstars in your ancestry?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.