Search for content in message boards

ancestors

ancestors

Posted: 19 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Dec 2001 4:14AM GMT
Surnames: NEISINGER
Searching for ancestors of Jacob and Ava NEISINGER from Prussia, emigrated U.S. about 1865. Children: Peter, Jacob, Agnes, Katherine, Margaret, Paul. Paul was my grandfather.

Re: ancestors

Posted: 6 Nov 2001 4:37AM GMT
Hello
I have a Katherine Neisinger who married Otto Franke.

Posted: 6 Nov 2001 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: Neisinger, Franke
I did not finish my earlier message. Otto Franke and Katherime Neisinger lived in Jersey City, NJ. I have seen Jacob Neisinger listed in the Jersey City census. Do you know if my Katherine Neisinger is the daughter of Jacob?

Posted: 13 Nov 2001 12:47AM GMT
Edited: 20 Dec 2001 4:14AM GMT
Neisinger is a very unusual name and I have been researching ALL Neisingers in the U.S. I think they are all related. I have 3 Katherine Neisingers in my genealogy but they are married to other men. Please let me know the area and time frame you are talking about. There is probably a connection.

Carol Yale (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2001 11:37PM GMT
My Katherine Neisinger was probably born between 1860-1870. She lived in Jersey City, NJ after she was married to Otto Franke. They had several children including triplets and twins. Only one child survived in each of the pregnancies.
Posted: 14 Nov 2001 3:50AM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2004 11:55PM GMT
The Katherine Neisinger I have that would probably fit closest to your time frame I have married to a Wilkie. I have a letter written in 1925 to her brother, Paul Neisinger (who is my grandfather) from Burn, WI. The letter was written by her son, Julius Wilkie. Family history does state that the Neisinger settled in New Jersey before heading out to Wisconsin. I think I have found my grandfather Paul Andrew Neisinger getting married in the Catholic church in 1865. He would have been only 20. He married my grandmother at age 30 so I don't know what happened to his first wife. Again family history states that their father, Jacob Neisinger was a baker and tried to establish a business with his son, Peter either in New York or New Jersey shortly after immigration. They were not very successful and I found Jacob and wife Mary Eva living in Wisconsin with daughter, Margaret (Myers) in 1870. Could your Katherine be Peter's son? Does any of this make any sense to you. Do you think we have a connection? Feel free to email me direct. I do a newsletter on the Neisingers and am trying to piece together the whole family. We also have twins. My mother and her twin sister were mirror image twins.

Doris Locke

Jennifer Aamold (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2002 6:58AM GMT
Hello Doris,
My greatgrandmother on my father's paternal side was Maggie Neisinger. I have a list of her brothers and sisters taken from her bible. I will send it if you like. Her parents were Paul Andrew Neisinger and Eva Mary Abbott. Eva is buried at Scambler Cemetary in Scambler Township near Pelican Rapids, Minnesota. I grew up in Pelican Rapids the daughter of Chester R. Paulson and Janette Johnson. My father's parents were Chester R. Paulson, Sr. and Agnes L. Lerwick. Chester Sr. was the son of Maggie Neisinger and Thorwald or as most people called him T.A. Paulson. I knew my great grandmother well as she lived to be 90. She died in 1974 when I was 22 years old. She talked a great deal about her relatives in the state of Washington. I met some of them of course, but it has been a long time. I was her first greatgrandchild and spent a lot of time with her while growing up. This is so exciting to find information from someone in the family. Great grandma would be pleased Let me find the list and I will send it asap. I live in Texas now.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Jennifer

Jennifer Aamold (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2002 3:08PM GMT
Doris,

I made an error in part of my letter to you. Paul Neisinger was married to Emma Abbott. Eva Mary married to Andrew Neisinger. Could his name be Jacob Andrew or Andrew Jacob I have no dates for him. The dates I have for Eva Mary are Born Feb. 2, 1802. Died Aug. 30, 1895. She is buried at Scambler cemetary in Minnesota. Great grandma showed me where. I believe there are 4 generations buried there.
Maggie and TA and all three of their sons, Chester, Lester Ralph and Theodore. Agnes (Chester's wife).
Children of Paul Neisinger and Emma Abbott are:
Eva Mary 1875, Le Mira 1876, Frank 1877, Paul 1879, Forest Henry, 1880, Maggie 1883, Clarence 1885, Ella 1888 and Nellie 1888 (twins), Alfa Howard 1892, Nathan Andrew 1894, and William Emil 1900.

Jennifer

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 7:11PM GMT
Jennifer - Thanks for the info but I had all that. Paul's father was Jacob Neisinger and his wife was Eva Mary (maiden name Benson) Neisinger. Jacob was born abt 1807 in Germany. I don't know death date or where but he did come to the U.S. I found them both living with a daughter in Wisconsin in 1870 (census) Mary Eva was born abt 1810 probably Feb.2nd. She is buried in Scrambler cemetery and died August 1894. There is a death certificate at the county seat but the name is misspelled. My mother remembered her and said she didn't speak English but could say "shoot the door". Remember it was cold in Minnesota. My mother was about 6 years old when she died.

I sent you an email about my Neisinger newsletter if you are interested please send me an email to my email address: dlocke@scronline.com

We think the Neisingers came from a little village called Schwasburg not far from Frankfurt. I am also writing to a Neisinger in Germany where we are trying to make a connection.

Cousin Doris

Posted: 20 Apr 2005 10:48PM GMT
Hi Carole. I know your posting is from 2001 but I am hoping you'll still read this message. I came across a marriage record for a Hessels ancestor of mine who married an Amelia Franke, daughter of Adloph Franke and Katherine Neisinger. Amelia says she's b. abt. 1889 in NJ. The marriage took place June 9, 1911 in NYC. Was Otto a nick name for Adolph? Wondering if this is the same family. I am trying to find the Neisinger family that came over with my Steinhauser family in 1865. Can you tell me more about your Katherine Neisinger?

Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.