Search for content in message boards

Moses Spicer, c. 1726, VA

Moses Spicer, c. 1726, VA

Posted: 1 Sep 2000 10:34AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 12:44PM GMT
Seeking information on Moses Spicer PRIOR to 1750. After that date, Moses "appeared" in VA with wife Mary (possibly a Spicer also) and purchased 350 acres in Culpeper County, VA, Bromfield Parish, from Henry Esther Elley and James Clarry Elley. He fathered 5 known sons and a daughter. His will dated 1798 and proved, lists them as follows: William (who went to Wilkes Co. NC after the Revolution; John who married Elizabeth Wilhoit and moved to Kentucky; Benjamin, who stayed in Culpeper area; Moses Jr., who stayed in Culpeper area; and Aaron, nothing else known. Daughter was Susannah, who married a Garriot, nothing else known. Am particularly interested in where Moses was born, his parents, and any migration movements PRIOR to 1750 VA. Please email me directly if you have any information.

Elley/Herndon

Posted: 14 May 2001 4:54PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2005 7:36PM GMT
Can you give me any information on the above two people. They were my Great, Great, Great, Great, Grandparents. Am interested in any information that you might be able to provide. Thanks

Re: Moses Spicer, c. 1726, VA

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 8:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a Moses Spicer in my pedigree. He was born in Va. abt 1726. His wife's name was Mary, born about 1730. They married in 1750 in Va. and he died Feb. 19, 1798 in Culpepper, Va. His son John born about 1752 in Culpepper Va. Married Elizabeth Ann Wilibert Abt 1777. John died in Owen,Ky. in 1801/1802

Re: Moses Spicer, c. 1726, VA

maggie whitehead (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2006 1:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Spicer, Coghill, Wilhoite
I am a descendant of John and Elizabeth (I have Wilhoite, an ELizabeth Spicer was mentioned in Michael Wilhoite will, along with Agnes Coghill) John was my great,great great grandfather his son William married Catherine Coghill daughter of James COghill and Agnes Wilhoite.
John and Elizabeth had 8 children and I have information on all of them. I also show that Moses and Mary had 5 boys and one Girl. I would be glad to exchange information with you if you are interested.
Maggie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.