Search for content in message boards

Purvis from AL>MS>TX

Purvis from AL>MS>TX

Posted: 13 Aug 2000 2:50PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2003 7:13PM GMT
My great grandmother was Feraby Elizabeth Purvis, b 1845 in MS. Parents were William Washington Purvis (and wife Feraba Rosanne) b 1823 in AL. All three died and are buried in Texas.

My Feraby married Willam Andrew Underwood of Newton County, MS.

I have ancestry information, but confused by the spelling of the Surame as Purvis and other times Purves. Is that common?

RE: Purvis from AL>MS>TX

Barney Byron Purvis, III (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:07PM GMT
Hi cousin!
I am from a different line than you are.
James Morgan Purvis (b.1826), who was William
Washington's brother, is the line I came
from. I have a good deal of information about
a lot of different people on my web site.
Email me for a password to: www.purvisfamily.com,
and you can check out my pedigree charts.

-Byron

Purves v. Purvis

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 11:44AM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2002 1:21AM GMT
The original spelling of the name is Purves, but through mispelling the name changed to Purvis. I am a cousin of yours also and still have Purvis relatives living in MS where some of the family stayed here rather that moving to Texas. Purvis, MS was named for our family as was Purves, Texas. When the sign was placed in Purvis, MS the decendant who the town was being named for did not know how to read and write so the spelling changed after that.

Purvis Al/Miss/Tx

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 2:02PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:40AM GMT
Does anyone have information on W.J. Florney Purvis b. Miss c. 1834? He lived in Pope Co., Tx. by 1870. Thank you

Purvis from Al

Posted: 19 Oct 2000 8:38PM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2006 10:37PM GMT
Hello Byron.....

I can't seem to email you to get the password to your website as you suggested, so can you please email it to me? I would be so grateful to you. Thanks.
Hattie Purvis Hamilton

www.purvisfamily.com

Barney Byron Purvis, III (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2000 10:00AM GMT
What is your email address and I'll send it to you?
Mine is byron@purvis.net or byron@purvisfamily.com

Purvis

Bryon Purvis 111 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 3:25PM GMT
would like to talk with you, my husband , his family came over from Mississippi, any ibfo would help. Thanks Jean Purvis

Re: Purvis Al/Miss/Tx

Posted: 30 Jun 2002 2:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
WJF Purvis married a Suzanne (Susan) Hooker can be found in marriage book B (Polk County ,Tx ) look at " The Polk County Connection " on the internet or library in Livingston ,Tx they had son named Edmond Goldwire Purvis he is my greatgrandfather he was married to Nellie Eleanor Mixon. Good luck I have not had much luck.

RE: Purvis from AL>MS>TX

Posted: 23 Oct 2003 6:10AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2004 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: Purvis
Does your website have any info on older Purvises from Georgia before they moved into Alabama?

Re: Purves v. Purvis

Posted: 4 Nov 2009 12:57AM GMT
I am Nancy Elizabeth Cooper (Porter). My Father is L.C. Cooper. His parents were Luther Cooper and he was married to Nancy Purvis. Which, she was the daughter of William Purvis, which he is my great grandfather. Known as what I am being told is the unhung Purvis. The name changed from Purves to Purvis when Lt. Col Purves family line moved south to MS then over to Texas. Both spellings are correct, but one brother changed the spelling. Lt. Col Purves is from Scotland. Brad Purvis, sent me information. I would love for the family and those reading to write to me. bethporter494412000@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.