Search for content in message boards

byrnes & cahill

byrnes & cahill

Posted: 30 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jun 2001 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: byrnes, cahill
I am looking for info on michael byrnes, who immigrated to the U.S. around 1852 from county Kilkenny. also am looking for cahills from same county

CAHILL

Kathy Hurley (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CAHILL
Do you have any Cahill's that settled in Ohio County, Wheeling, West Virginia? There were Cahill's married to my ancestors whose last name was Howley.

cahills

Surnames: cahill, byrne
Dennis, that would be wonderful! Unfortunately I don't have a lot to go on. Michael Byrnes married Margaret (?). They had a son John who was born in a parish in Paulstown @ 1847. They had 2 daughters who also immigrated with them, Elizabeth & Josephine. Their daughter Elizabeth married my gr. gr. grandfather Patrick Cahill. Patrick was born in either County Carlow or County Kilkenny. Different sources give different birth places. I am leaning towards co. Kilkenny. That is the only info I have of Patrick's life in Ireland. Thanks for your offer. I hope you have a great time.
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:43AM GMT
Betty, I will be in Co. Kilkenny this month doing research on my gggrandparents Pallister/Cahill. My gggrandfather married Judith Cahill in 1838. They were married in the catholic parish of Lisdowney, Co. Kilkenny and also lived in Balleyragget. If you give me names and dates I will keep them in mind while researching. Regards, Dennis

cahills

Posted: 3 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: cahill
My mom says she remembers going to west virginia as a small child to visit relatives but she does not know who they were or what branch of the family they were from. So maybe theres a connection but I don't know how. sorry.

Re: Cahill

Roger Hillbrook (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2003 10:21PM GMT
Dear Dennis: My great grandfather was Thomas Cahill from Thomastown, Co Kilkenney, Ireland. He came to America in the mid- 19th century, and eventually settled in or near Chicago. If there is any connectin, I would greatly appeciate your input and/or suggestions. Thanks and regards, Roger.

Posted: 14 Mar 2003 1:22PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 9:01AM GMT
Hi Roger,
From the few records I have, they indicate my Cahill's are from Johnstown/Lisdowney, Co. Kilkenny.
William Palister (1814-1867) married Judith Cahill (1816- ?) on Sept.30, 1839 at the RC Church in Lisdowney. William died April 16, 1867 in Kilkenny City (Canice's Well) and his death was reported by his wife Judy. So Judith was alive at this point but I can not locate any further records on her.
Another report I have is that Judith Cahill was born in Johnstown to John Cahill and Margaret Butler in 1816.
There does not seem to be a connection of our Cahill's but one never knows. Thank you for your interest and reply.
Regards,
Dennis

Posted: 22 Jun 2003 1:44PM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2004 11:03PM GMT
Dennis,

I have a Bridget Cahill born l810 - 1812 who married a Matthew Dollard/Dullard. They are listed in Griffiths as living in Glashare. I have the Baptisimal Certificates from their children l840 - 1850 all from the RC Catholic Church in Johnstown. Bridget and children immigrated in l852 to Mattewan, Fishkill, Dutchess County NY in l852. I do not know if Matthew immigrated then or before as Bridget is listed as a widow in l860 census. Bridget's youngest son John born in l850 is not with them so it is uncertain if he died or stayed in Ireland with relatives. Bridget Cahill Dollard/Dullard died in New Haven, CT in l883 and her parents are listed on her death certificate as John and Margaret Cahill. Do you think Bridget and Judith were sisters or any connection? Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Kathleen

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 1:58PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 9:01AM GMT

dcy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2005 9:58PM GMT
I just came across your post and was wondering: Did you ever find out about Judith Cahil? I ask because that is the name of my ggrandmother Margaret Doyle's (born 1848) mother. My Judith married a James or Joseph Doyle, in Kilkenny. Any connections?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.