Search for content in message boards

Martin, Forrester, Thornton

Martin, Forrester, Thornton

Posted: 9 Apr 2004 4:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Apr 2004 9:31PM GMT
Margaret Martin, born in Glasgow in 1891. She immigrated to Canada after 1911 possibly to be near her brothers, Duncan and James.
Margaret, or "Meg" was in the Windsor are up to 1963 at which time she was about 73 years of age.
Margaret, "Meg" was married but the date and husband's name is unknown. She possibly had children, either Mae or Fred in the Windsor area.

The second lady in question is Lucy Martin whose married name was Forrester. I have her burial but am looking for her husband with date of marriage and her children's information.

Lucy was born about 1885 and immigrated to Canada between 1911 and 1915. Lucy died in 1937 at which time her married name was Forrester. She is buried in Windsor.
I do know that Lucy and her husband had at least three children, Leach, Dorothy and Annie Forrester.

Lucy's family might have only moved to Windsor in about 1935. They resided on Queen St.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Liz

Re: Martin, Forrester, Thornton - LUCY MARTIN

Jeanne Lorf Linley (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2004 12:27PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Renaud, Fields, Chauvin, Lesperance, Cabanac, Renaud, McGillveray, LeDuc, Cabanac, Proulx, Andre, Colin, Poupard, Seele
Do you know if Lucy Martin is any relation to:

Jean Baptiste Martin born in Quebec about 1835 (buried in L'Assumption, Windsor), & who married Therese Renaud b. 1834 in Windsor & their children:
Fabronie, Elizabeth and Mary Martin born 1860-62 in Windsor?

Elizabeth Martin Fields was my husband's grandmother.

Jeanne Linley
jeannelinley2000@yahoo.com

Re: Martin, Forrester, Thornton - LUCY MARTIN

Posted: 10 Apr 2004 8:32PM GMT
Edited: 28 Apr 2004 9:31PM GMT
Sorry, both woman in my query were born in Scotland in the 1880s and immigrated to Canada.

Ladouceur related to Martin

Posted: 1 Jul 2005 6:03PM GMT
Surnames: Ladouceur Martin Maillett
I have a Rose Ladouceur of Windsor, married to Arthur, who died April of 1964 and has siblings named Miss Sophie Martin of Windsor, Alphie, Freddie, Herby, Jerry, and a few others. I assume that Rose is nee Martin.

Children are Harry of Windsor, Dolores and Mrs. Elmer Talbot of Windsor.

I need help to find out for sure if this Rose Ladouceur is the daughter of William and Isabella Martin nee Maillet.

Any help appreciated. Rose was a member of Our Lady of the Rosary Church per the obit that was given to me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.