Search for content in message boards

Seeking Info.

Seeking Info.

Posted: 2 Feb 2008 7:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Porterfield
My father's name is Charles Porterfield Jr. I believe his DOB is 05/26/1935. He was born in or around Connellsville, Pennsylvania and is currently living in North Carolina. I am trying to find any living relatives as well as info. on my ancestors. If you have any information please contact me.

Re: Seeking Info.

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 2:26PM GMT
Hello, I read your message and I thought it was a funny that my Grandfather's name is Charles Porterfield but he lives in Benton, Arkansas one of his sons, my father is Douglas Charles Porterfield, My name is Douglas Ryan Porterfield.....I am just wondering if there is any connection there. Just wondering, thanks

Posted: 16 Feb 2008 4:41PM GMT
There was at one time a big Porterfield clan in Springfield Township, Fayette County, near Connellsville. They moved to Springfield during the middle of the 19th century from neighboring Somerset County. My great-great grandmother was Rosina Porterfield and I have information on her family. If your father's father was Charles Porterfield born in 1903 in Springfield Township, your grandfather would have been Daniel Porterfield, Rosina's brother. If you contact me I can tell you more.

Posted: 16 Feb 2008 4:56PM GMT
I don't know much about my dad except his name is Charles Porterfield Jr. and was born in May of 1932 or 1935. He currently resides in North Carolina and is married to Bonnie Blue-Porterfield. You can contact me via e-mail(bazet.carlile@vanderbilt.edu) and we can find out if we are related. Thank you for responding. I would love to find my father's family and re-establish contact if possible.

Posted: 16 Feb 2008 5:01PM GMT
I don't know much about my dad. His name is Charles Porterfield Jr. born in May of 1932 or 1935. I believe his family lived in or around Fayette County in Connellsville PA. He currently lives in North Carolina and is married to Bonnie Blue-Porterfield. If you want to contact me, my e-mail address is bazet.carlile@vanderbilt.edu I would love to find my father's family and re-establish contact.

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 3:36PM GMT
I am related to Porterfields in Connellsville. My grandfather's name was Gilbert Porterfield, a WWII vet. I don't know if this helps, but I would guess there is probably a connection. Connellsville isn't that big. My father's name is Vernon Porterfield and my name is Jody. I hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.