Search for content in message boards

Robinson/McKnight

Robinson/McKnight

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2002 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, McKnight
Looking for information on the following:
William John (Willie John) Robinson 1846-1909, born in "The Gore" Argenteuil County, Quebec. Married to Margaret McKnight(1851-1927-I know her history 2 generations furthur back)) from Shewsbury,Que.
William's parents were (I think) Samuel and Alice Robinson, believed to be from Ireland, but I would like to learn more.
Thanks
MH

Re: Robinson/McKnight

Posted: 8 Oct 2001 11:49PM GMT
Edited: 8 Oct 2001 11:57PM GMT
Hi Michelle,

What information do you have on Margaret McKnight? I have Patrick McKnight in Ottawa in 1850's, his wife Mary Ann Lynum was born in Quebec (sorry can't remember where). Patrick's parents were Daniel McKnight and Margaret Cleary. There was alot of Cleary's in/around Portneuf area but no real connection found yet.

Please e-mail me at
Shaniski@hotmail.com
Thanks
Shannon McKnight

Tracey (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2002 10:51PM GMT
Don't know if this will help. My great grandfather was William John Robinson b. 1874 in Central Plains of Manitoba. He could be son of your William Robinson. I am researching ancestors of my William.

Posted: 24 Mar 2002 6:26AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2004 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, McKnight
Hello,
Sorry I have been so long in answering your query. I changed internet servers, so didn't get the message sent to me, and hadn't checked back in until now.
Anyway, the children of my John William Robinson, or "Willie John" were all born in Quebec, and then the family moved to Ninga, Manitoba. Although he had a son named William John Jr. I have him as born in 1868, and then later moving to Davison, Saskatchewan. I have a possible wife for him as McEwan. I can no longer remember my source for this info, but I did verify in the Manitoba census that this family was living in Ninga, and beside them lived a McKnight family who were related through his marriage to Margaret McKnight.
Sincerely,
MHarrison

Tracey (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2002 11:18PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. From this, it appears I have the wrong William John, however, I appreciate your help. I'll continue searching.
Sincerely,
Tracey

Posted: 8 Nov 2010 8:28PM GMT
Hello,

I'm also creating a "Robinson Family Tree" I am a desendent from John and Margaret. My great grandfather was James Mcknight Robinson,spouse was Ethel Williams Robinson. I have no other info on john Robinson born in 1911 in ireland but would also like further info to add to my tree... would be interested in finding out your relations to me.
Thanks,
James L. Robinson Jr - LA California...

Posted: 9 Nov 2010 6:36AM GMT
My husband's Grandmother was Harriet Grace Robinson whose father was John William Robinson 1846-1909 (your Great-Great Grandfather.)She married Fred.W. Gershaw.
Harriet (1881-1974) was a brother of your James McKnight Robinson.There were 12 children in this family.
Let me know what information you need okay?
Thanks,
Michele

Posted: 14 Nov 2010 3:33PM GMT
I don't know if my lot fit in with yours but I have a Catharine Robinson born around 1813 likely in Ireland. She married Joseph McCluskey in Montreal in 1843 and lived in Chatham, Argenteuil ( later Lachute) until her death in 1897. They had 5 known children all born in Canada, in cluding two sons, John born 1851 and WILLIAM ROBINSON born 1854.

I have not been able to find out anything about Catharine or Joseph prior to their marriage.

Posted: 15 Nov 2010 7:42AM GMT
Sorry- this is not a match.
Michele
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.