Search for content in message boards

GRAF of Canada and Buffalo

GRAF of Canada and Buffalo

Claudia (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2005 8:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GRAF HOEPHNER PFAENDER
I am looking for anyone researching the GRAF family who came to the Buffalo area in 1843 from Hamburg Germany. Some of the GRAF's stayed in the Martinsville area of North Tonawanda/Tonawanda and the others went up to Humberstone Canada. If anyone is researching this family please contact me

Re: GRAF of Canada and Buffalo

Posted: 20 May 2006 6:28PM GMT
Surnames: Graf
Does this seem to fit? Wendel Graf, born 25 Apr 1822, Hesse, Darm. Probable port of departure, Hamburg Immigrated circa 1843 settled in Buffalo, married Christina Baker in Germany, three sons named Frank, Raymond and Jacob. Raymond and Jacob moved to Cullman, Alabama, Frank stayed in Buffalo he was a Barber. Frank is my GGgrandfather and I'm Canadian

Claudia (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2006 12:19PM GMT
Who knows may be My Johann Frederich and your Frank were cousins??? I dont find them together in BFLO. I found your frank in 1860 and 1870. when did he die???

didn't find him in the 1900 Census???

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 4:58PM GMT
Surnames: Graf, Lurwig
We are related to an Adolf Graf who lived in Buffalo. He married Anna Lurwig.

Posted: 4 Jun 2008 8:30PM GMT
Surnames: GRAF,OTTO,SCHWENDLER
Wendell Graf is my great-great Grandfather. Jacob, my great-grandfather. Peter,my grandfather raised his family in Buffalo, New York, where I was born and now live in Dallas, Texas. I would be interested in sharing my info on the family.

Posted: 6 Jun 2008 4:40AM GMT
Check www.findagrave.com for Graf. I've entered a number of my wife's Graf relatives and a couple others that I stumbled across while in cemeteries.

Kevin

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: GRAF
Claudia - I have quite a bit of detailed information about this Graf Family from Humberstone & Martinsville/North Tonawanda. My grandmother was Annette Graf who is a descendant of Charles (Carl) Graf who came to Martinsville from Fisherville Ontario. Charles was married to Phoebe (Philipine) Pfander. Charles Graf's father was Edward Graf who came over from Prussia and lived in Humberstone. He was quite a well known weaver in the area. I am relatively new to Ancestry.com but would like to connect with you.

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 8:33PM GMT
HELLO!!!

I just spoke with my mother in law Sue White-I am sure you know her. Please email me at home einsteinw@charter.net

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 9:04PM GMT
Hi Claudia - I figured out who you were after I posted that response. I just emailed you at home! Great to hear from you and nice to have a partner in the Graf family research. Jill

Posted: 3 Jul 2009 5:34AM GMT
I am looking for my Graf family. My g-g grandma was margaret anna graf. I believe that she went by both names. She as well came over from Prussia and married John G. Waterman. They lived in Keokuk, IA. Do you know any information about this family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.