Search for content in message boards

Nathaniel Kimbrough Alston's family

Nathaniel Kimbrough Alston's family

Posted: 15 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2003 9:37PM GMT
Surnames: Alston, Loggins, May, Lindley
Nathaniel Kimbrough Alston and his wife, Winifred lived in Montgomery County, Texas for many years. They had a son, George Washington Alston, who married a local girl, Lula Kirby Loggins. They are my GGrandparents and GGGrandparents, any information you may have on their lives or live syles. History of area around 1839, when they arrived in Texas would be appreciated.
TIA
Don

Re: Nathaniel Kimbrough Alston's family

billie reome (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2001 6:08AM GMT
hi don, does your n. k. alston have a sister named alsey and a brother named absalom and one named john d.?? alsey married the second time to my gggggfather, isaac decker and is the mother of several children with isaac. i am trying to identify those children. i believe they were aletha, julia, nelson, wellington, and john. i do not know if she had children with her first husband, alexander burnett. nathaniel's name is all over early montgomery county history.

Posted: 22 Nov 2001 6:31AM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2006 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Alston, Stephens, Lindley, Loggins, May, Damrow, Wages
Thanks for your reply about my N. K. Alston.

However Nathaniel Kimbrough Alston didn't has a "Asley" in his immediate family. If fact the name "Asley" is new to me. Anyway, Nathaniel K. married Winifred May, their children: Martha Eviline 1834, Thomas Franklin 1836, Josephine 1838, my George Washington 1839, Eugenia Arabella 1842, Lydia Antoinette 1844, Gillie 1847, Nathaniel Kimbrough Jr. 1850 and Matilda Winifred 1857.

There was another Alston family in Walker County around the start of the Civil War, it is has been time since I review my notes on that family. So I will not even guess at the names, but Thomas comes to mind. A large family of Alston, distant cousins of Nathaniel.

I checked Nathaniel's sisters, he had four, Mary Grey 1803, Grizel "Gilley" Yancey 1810, Saraha Amanda 1816, Arabella Atlanta 1821.

Now I am curious about your Alston's in Montgomery County around 1840 to 1890; contact me at dlindley@pe.net we can explore our families.

Don

Posted: 29 Jan 2011 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: Decker
I just recently read you msg about Issac Decker I am wondering if you know if he is the son of Zachariah? Also did he have brothers names Miles,Peter,Dianas(Dravon) My great Grandfather was Miles B Decker

Posted: 29 Jan 2011 11:12PM GMT
Surnames: Decker, Lee, Atkins
I wish I could help you on the Deckers. My ancestor Ellen Decker and her
sister Mary Ann were both born in LA and grew up in Montgomery Co. Family
stories indicate they were abandoned and raised by someone else. William and
Phoebe Atkins may have been the couple who provided a home for the girls. I
have not been able to tie the sisters to Isaac Decker in any way. As a
matter of fact, it seems there is no relationship. I thought there may be a
connection, since Ellen married James Lee who had a land grant near Decker
Prairie.
Good luck with your search. Please let me know if you find anything on
my relatives while looking at Deckers.

Linda in Georgetown

Posted: 12 Jan 2014 8:41AM GMT
Surnames: Atkins, Brooks, McCullough, Corner
Linda,
My 4th grandmother was Phoebe Corner McCullough Brooks Atkins. WILLIAM Atkins was her 3rd husband. Phoebe's first two husbands died in East Baton Rouge parish.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.