Search for content in message boards

DOBBS IN WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA

DOBBS IN WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA

Posted: 17 Jul 2000 7:35PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 2:59AM GMT
Are the names Aungier, John, Charles, Mary,
Esta, Henry sound familiar to anyone? John Dobbs laid out a town called Columbia in Carol Township, Washington county, Pennsylvania in 1816. Esta was born 7 February 1809. She married Abraham Hornbeck on 18 November 1829. The wedding took place in Columbia.They settled in nearby Washington Township, Fayette County, across the Monongahela river from Columbia. The first son, born in 1831, was named Henry which was also the name of Abraham's father. the next two children were named John Dobbs Hornbeck and Mary Dobbs Hornbeck.

Augier Dobbs

Posted: 22 Aug 2000 2:31AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 5:15PM GMT
I am in Augier's direct line. I do have some information on this branch... If you would e-mail me I will gladly share info with you!
Phyllis Dobbs Gaskill
gaskill@whidbey.net

Dobbs in PA

Posted: 31 Oct 2000 10:57AM GMT
Hi my name is Phyllis Dobbs Gaskill... I have Aungier in my data base along with several of the names you mentioned. I would love to compare. Would you like to e-mail me at: gaskill@whidbey.net I also have some cousins you may want to connect with along with some passages from Aungier to his wife which were published as a historical novel circa Civil War... I would love to hear from you!
Phyllis

Dobbs in PA

Posted: 31 Oct 2000 10:57AM GMT
Hi my name is Phyllis Dobbs Gaskill... I have Aungier in my data base along with several of the names you mentioned. I would love to compare. Would you like to e-mail me at: gaskill@whidbey.net I also have some cousins you may want to connect with along with some passages from Aungier to his wife which were published as a historical novel circa Civil War... I would love to hear from you!
Phyllis

Dobbs family

Posted: 31 Oct 2000 1:14PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 2:59AM GMT
Dear Phyllis,
Thank you for your e-mail letter. Yes, I would like to exchange information. I have very little about the Dobbs family.
Sincerely,
Martha Banks

Re: Augier Dobbs

Randy Foltz (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 4:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dobbs
I understand some of Augier's family were in VA. I'm seeking information on my GGGF - REUBEN “NEWTON” DOBBS, born abt 1826, married SARAH M. who was born abt 1829. In the Madison County Virginia 1850 Census NEWTON is listed as 25, born in VA with listed occupation as an overseer. He resided at the residence of William B. & Elizabeth C. Yeager. There were several others living there that are not family members so possibly it was a boarding house? (no town given). NEWTON and SARAH had the following children:
THOMAS W., born about 1853
THADDEUS BERTRAM “BROOKS”, born May 23
1855 and died July 15, 1939
JAMES NEWTON, born about 1872

I believe his father was THOMAS DOBBS Jr., who married NANCY (CLATTERBUCK) June 2, 1816.

Do you have any information on this line?
Thanks, Randy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.