Search for content in message boards

Scheirer Family

Scheirer Family

Posted: 26 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2009 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Scheirer, Sheirer
I am looking for other descendants of Adam Scheirer who probably came to Southampton Twp., Somerset County between 1800 and 1805. He had a son Adam who married Elizabeth Leydig. They had two sons, George and William. They also had several daughters. George Sheirer (as he seems to have preferred spelling it) married Sarah Troutman, daughter of Benjamin Troutman and Catherine Walgerman, and in about 1862 moved to Bedford County, PA. William married Hannah (?) and in about 1872 moved to Fayette County, PA with his family.

Re. Adam Scheirer

Posted: 1 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 5:44PM GMT

Dianna,

You should check out the Shirer Family Genealogy Page at geocities.com/heartland/village/1485. This is an excellent site for the Shirer family. They have an Adam Shirer b 177? who married Saloma Schwartz and had a child named Mary Magdalina. This family was living in the southern part of Somerset County during the time period you referenced. As with most surnames, ther appear to be many spelling variations for this surname.

Good Luck!

Descendants of Adam Sheirer

Posted: 22 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: sheirer, housel, trotman, skelly
My grandmother Ora NMI Sheirer (1895-1971) m. 1914 Harvey Irvin Housel (1891-1981). He taught her school in a one room schoolhouse between Bard and West End, Bedford co,Pa.
Ora Sheirer was the dau of Adam F. Sheirer (1860-1949) and Jane Frazier Skelly (1866-1942).
Adam was son of George Sheirer and Sarah Trotman.
I remember Adam, my Great grandfather as a very tall and strong man. I also remember attending his wife's funeral as a very young boy.(Jane Frazier Skelly). They lived in the same area between Bard and West End, Pa. on a farm.
The farm house has been restored and is still in use.
I use Family Tree Maker v7. and would be interested in exchanging information with you...Thank you.

Descendents of Adam Scheirer

Tam Sheirer Chomas (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Scheirer, Sheirer
I am a great-great-grandaughter of George Sheirer (m. Sarah Troutman) who moved from Somerset County to Bedford County in 1862. George's offspring is fairly easy to trace since from his time to present, a significant part of the family remains in or around Londonderry Township, Bedford County. Five generations are buried in Lybarger Cemetery in Madley, PA (Rt. 96, Londonderry Township). I was raised on one of the Sheirer farms on what is now Sheirer Road directly across Rt. 96 from the cemetery.

We don't know anything about George Sheirer's ancestors - we learned about Adam and his father Adam from reading your message. Could you send us any additional information you have on George's ancestors - birth dates, etc.?

George Sheirer was born in 1823. He had numerous children, one of which was Benjamin Sheirer, born in 1848, who married Rachel Waugerman, born in 1849. Among Benjamin's children was William Wesley Sheirer (1880-1932) who married Annie Katherine Stuby (1890-1987). Their children are Ethel Amanda Sheirer Hurley, (1912-1998), Harvey Arthur Sheirer (1914-197?), Blaine Chester Sheirer (1918-195?), Glenn Edward Sheirer (1920-1997), and William Junior Sheirer (1923-1982)(He was my father) Everyone mentioned here is buried in the Lybarger Cemetery.

I'd be happy to provide information on the current generations if anyone is interested - email me.

Shirer Family current address

Posted: 23 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2009 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Shirer
Just to let everyone know, the address for the Shirer Family Genealogy Project has been changed some time ago and is no longer on geocities although there is a redirect there to take you to the new site but I can't say how much longer it will be working as I cannot get into the site anymore. One reason I switched from geocities. The current address is:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~mysong

Re: Scheirer Family

Posted: 8 May 2003 7:38PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2003 6:31AM GMT
Surnames: Sheirer
Hi Diane,
Are you still looking for family members of Adam Sheirer?
My new email address is largent17@worldnet.att.net.
Let me know; I can give you our branch.
Sandi

Re: Descendants of Adam Sheirer

Posted: 8 May 2003 7:43PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2003 6:33AM GMT
Surnames: Cook, Trusheim
Hi,
Just read your email.
If you live in the Bard area, you must have known George and Nellie Holler of Buffalo Mills - they had the gas station and garage.
They are my grandparents. I am a daughter of Betty G. Holler Wolford.
Do you know any of the family of Harrey E. Cook and Anna Catherine Trusheim? They are Nellie's parents and my brickwall!!
My new email is largent17@worldnet.att.net.
Thank you for any and all information you can supply.
Sandi

Re: Descendants of Adam Sheirer

Posted: 8 May 2003 8:17PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2006 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: Housel, Cook, Sheirer
No, I grew up in Roaring Spring about 30 miles north and now live in the Orlando, Fl area.
Sorry, I looked to see if any relatives connect. Only have a Margaret May Housel (1875-1962)dau of Solomon Michael Housel who was married to Irvin Cook.(1868-?) - 5 children.
We did stop at the store in Bard on occasion, but I did not know the owners. I also recall there was a store at West End.
My grandfather Harvey I Housel had a Christmas tree farm about midway between Bard and West End. I knew that farm rather well as it was my grandmother Ora Sheirer Housel's homestead(Adam Sheirer her father). My grandfather grew up on the farm next to it -John Miller Housel.

Re: Scheirer Family

Posted: 4 Jul 2009 8:55AM GMT
I'm pretty sure that I have talked to you before about our family history. My name is Sue Sheirer and I live in Bedford, PA. My grandparents were John Foster Sheirer and Lillian (Ritchey) Sheirer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.