Search for content in message boards

DAR Look-up --- Capt. Augustine Willett

DAR Look-up --- Capt. Augustine Willett

Posted: 5 Feb 2003 6:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Feb 2003 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: HICKS, WILLETT, OSMOND
My Patriot: Augustine WILLETT b. January 09, 1750/51 Capt. in 1775, later became Major and Lt. Col. 1st, 2nd, and 4th Battalions, Bucks County, PA malitia. He was engaged in battles of White Plains, Monmouth, Trenton, Brandywine and Germantown. He died July 17, 1825, Bensalem, buried: Friends Buriel Ground in Attleborough.
Proof of daughter needed for my app. She was not named in will as she was deceased years prior to his death. Her name was Anna Mary WILLETT b. 1770 d. 1803; m. John OSMOND b. April 13, 1764. They had one daughter, Mary OSMOND b. March 1797 d. November 23, 1876, Milton, PA. I cannot locate any proof of Anna Mary WILLETT... not her birth, her marriage, or her death/buriel. I have also not been successful in locating any information on her husband, John OSMOND. All history located on the WILLETT family has been in Bucks County, PA.
Any information on Anna Mary WILLETT would be greatly appreciated as I am eager to submit my membership application. I have seen the name spelled with different variations... WILLETTS / WILLETS / WILLET.
I thank you in advance for any consideration.

Re: DAR Look-up --- Capt. Augustine Willett

Posted: 5 Feb 2003 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WILLETT, OSMOND
Hello Prospective DAR Member,
Thank you for your query. I’m only able to lookup patriots whose papers have been proven and I’m sorry to say that Anna Mary Willett Osmond does not fall under this category. You do have an ancestor who joined DAR using Augustine WILLETT'S service. You may want to write to DAR National Headquarters for the record copy, which will give you the name of the DAR member who joined using his service.

You will need to send the above information about the Patriot, along with a check made payable to the Treasurer General, NSDAR in the amount of $5 (U.S.). The request and check should be sent to Registrar General, NSDAR, Attn: Record Copy Department, 1776 D Street NW, Washington, DC 20006-5303. Requests will take between 6-8 weeks.

I also wanted to let you know that I’m thrilled you are interested in joining DAR. We have members who help prospective members (such as yourself) document their Revolutionary Patriot. If you would like to be contacted, please send me your name, address and phone number to me personally. Please do not post this information to the board. You can send it to my personal email at h0meb0und@aol.com. (The o’s in homebound are zeroes.)
I hope this information helps.

Sincerely,
Joyce
DAR VIS Volunteer

“This is a free lookup service provided by DAR volunteers at the DAR message board.”
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.