Search for content in message boards

Thomas Hill KY to MO early 1800's

Thomas Hill KY to MO early 1800's

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 2:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Probate of Thomas Hill died 1840: Widow Mary . Children Jane Griffin, Sarah Perry, Thomas Hill, Martha Posten, John W. Hill, Robert J. Hill, Mariah Hickock, and Elizabeth Watts. 3 were born in KY between 1804 and 1815. Where in KY? Thanks LaVerne

Re: Thomas Hill KY to MO early 1800's

Posted: 2 Mar 2012 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Posten, Tyler, Hill
I have 2 connections to the Posten family in this county. John W.Hill b. 1812 married Emeline Posten, and about 10 years later married Lucretia Tyler if my memory is correct. Martha Hill, his sister, married Richard Cavonet Posten. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM Anyone connected to any of these families.

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 6:40PM GMT
Surnames: Hill, League, Wallace, Sulivan, McGahan, Riser,
I think Thomas Hill Sr. who died in 1840's, widow Mary may have been Mary Wallace. Thomas Hill Jr. (mentioned in probate of his Father), was married twice. First to Mary Alley and went to Texas for a land grant in 1831, sold it in 1838, and returned to St. Francoise Co MO with his four children and married Hester (Hetta) League and had many more children. Daughter Jane (Mary Jane)Hill married Isreal McGahan,in 1850. son Charles married Martha Riser in Texas, and I do not know about William the oldest, but John Wallace, the youngest (by Mary)married Margaret Sullivan, and lived in Texas. Bosque Co and then Eldorado, Texas. I know less about the children who were born later, but I can prove all I have written with documents. I would love for someone to share what they know about these people.
I have not been able to tell which county in Kentucky that they came from around 1814.

Posted: 18 May 2013 5:57PM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Wallace, Hickock
LaVerne,

Thank you for posting this message naming the children of Thomas Hill. I'm researching the line of Charles Hickock, husband of Mariah Hill, and got no further than her father's name. Now, thanks to you, I was able to find information not only on her parents, but also her grandparents.

Thomas Hill married Mary Wallace, d/o John Wallace and Jane Finley. John fought in the Revolutionary War. More about them later.

Your query dated 17 Mar 2012 asked what county in Kentucky Thomas and Mary Hill lived in. I believe it may be Fayette county, as that is where John Wallace was when he died. That is where I'm going to start my search for John.

Please contact me, if you care to. I have more information.

Aloha,

Kathy
Kailua, Hawaii
khudson888@aol.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.