Search for content in message boards

Willard descendents,Warren co.

Willard descendents,Warren co.

carol moffett (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Willard, Simmons, Darneille, Snapp, Holeman, Foster, Jack, Landon, Hodge
Looking for Descendents of Alexander Willard and Lucy Liles. Children were Mary b.1814 who married William Foster, William b.1816 who married Jane Hodge, Lucinda b. 1822 who married Ezekial Snapp and Thomas Darneille, Thomas b. 1824 who married Mary Simmons, Jane b. 1826 who married Henzie Darneille, Margaret b. 1829 who married Charles Holeman. John b. 1831 who married Martha Summers, Alexander b. 1837 who married Emily Ann Simmons and Annis b. 1833 who married Porter J. Jack.These families resided in Greenbush, Warren county. I have quite a bit of info I'm willing to share. Contact me at moffett@ados.com. Carol

LANDON

Kristi Bergman Lam (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LANDON
My ancestors are LANDONs, but I don't see the name mentioned in your query, other than your surname list. We have that they were from Warren Co OH and then at various times living in IA, MO, and NE. If you think I may have any info on your LANDONs, please let me know.

Merril Landon

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: LANDON, TERPENING
Searching for information on Merril R. Landon born abt 1845.
Married Harriet A. Terpening (born June 22, 1848) Dec 12, 1866 in Galesburg, Illinois.
Children were:
Frank G. b. Oct. 25, 1867
Winnie Mae b. Oct. 13, 1869
Mary Leona b. July 26, 1873
Clara W. b. June 8, 1877
Warren county marriage index shows as W. R. Landon and Hattie Terpening.
Would appreciate any information you may have on this family.

Karen Wilder

Willards in Warren County, Illinois

Susan (Jack) Strait (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Willard, Jack
Hi Carol,
My name is Susan (Jack) Strait. My g grandfather was Porter James Jack who married Annis Willard. I would love to have all the info I can get. They married in Warren County Illinois. There is a book called "Early Days in Greenbush" written by William L. Snapp. I would love to get my hands on a copy if it still exisrs.

sstrait5@juno.com

Harrison Terpening

Posted: 13 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 8:12PM GMT
The information I found on Harrison Peck Terpening of Warren County, Illinois was found on http://dickw.ucsf.edu/D0002/G0000010.html#I6942. I do not show a sister by the name of Isabella. Do show an Isabella Armstong married his brother Smith Terpening.
Hope this web site helps.

Karen

Terpening FAmilies

Posted: 13 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2001 4:13PM GMT
Surnames: Terpening, Thompson
I saw your post and I too am looking for a Terpening. A Harrison P. Terpening married a Martha Armstrong 3/8/1866 in Warren Co. IL, this was the brother of my huisband's Great Grandmother
Isabelle Tarpening (?) Thompson. Isabelle Tarpening was born in Indiana. I think there is a connection but haven't figured out how yet!!

Think this family migrated from NY>Ohio>Indiana>Illinois.
Does anything fit? Would like to hear from you

Sharon

Simmons family, Greenbush, IL

Posted: 19 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 5:32AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons
Warren Co, IL Simmons family: Looking for descendents of James and Sally (Stice) Simmons. I know of two sons only: Roland (a minister) and William Jackson Simmons. I am exploring Rolands side, but would like any available information on previous ancestors, too! They settled in the area ca. 1850, then some moved on to Stansbury, MO and Marysville, IA.

Re: Simmons family, Greenbush, IL

Leslie Hill (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 11:15PM GMT
Surnames: SIMMONS, HIETT
You may have found all this out since you posted the message but just in case....
James H. and Sarah had 12 children and most of them are buried in the Greenbush Cemetery. If you want dates and spouses and some children, I have it. One daughter, Sarah A. was my great great grandmother. I don't have much on Rowland M. except his birthdate, wife's name and some military info. He fought in the Mexican War. If you want to email me, it is hhill@cftnet.com

Re: Simmons family, Greenbush, IL

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 1:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Nov 2001 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons, Stice, Wilson
Dear Kathleen, My grandmother was a Simmons, and I have alot on that side of the family. We're descended from James and Sarah (Sally) Stice Simmons. I have pictures of James, b.1795, their tombstones in the Greenbush Cemetery, the house that they built, Which is still occupied today. Also have the names of all their children, and some interesting photos of a chair and some money. I'll be glad to copy it for you, just send me your mailing address. Their son Alfred, is my great, great, grandfather. Also have information on the Simmons family into the 1600's, as well as the Stice's, Wilson's, etc. My mailing address is Janis Johnson, Box 438, Roseville, IL, 61473

Re: Willards in Warren County, Illinois

Posted: 26 May 2002 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jack, Willard, Harrison, Greer, Ewart
I found where to get a copy of "Early Days in Greenbush". You can get it from the Warren County Historical Society. I paid just $20 for a photocopied copy of it. I just had to order it. It has information on all the early settlers in Greenbush, Illinois. Thought I'd let you know if you want one. New e-mail address is: ssstrait@gbronline.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.