Search for content in message boards

Descendants of the PERRY or ABBOTTS families of Willenhall/Walsall.

Descendants of the PERRY or ABBOTTS families of Willenhall/Walsall.

Posted: 16 Sep 2001 6:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Apr 2003 11:22AM GMT
Surnames: Abbotts, Perry, Shelooke, Buxton, Hayward, & Harrold.
Seeking any descendants of my 'direct' line ancestors, the Perry's and the Abbotts families, originally from Willenhall or Walsall, Staffs.
I have references to Perry's as a branch in my family tree.
All around the Wolverhampton/Willenhall areas, the PERRY's that I refer to are as follows:-
JOHN PERRY & Ann of Pattingham, near Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, U.K.
Son DANIEL PERRY c.1 April, 1678 @ Pattingham Parish Church, Staffs.
Married Abt.1711 to Phyllis of Pattingham, Staffs.
Son JOHN PERRY c.16 February, 1712 @ Pattingham Parish Church.
Married to Mary.
Son JOHN PERRY c.19 September, 1737 @ Pattingham Parish Church, Staffs.
Died 1803 - buried @ Pattingham Parish Church on 15 January, 1803.
Married ELIZABETH HAYWARD on 15 November, 1764 @ Pattingham Parish Church. Elizabeth died in 1799 - buried @ Pattingham Parish Church on 26 October, 1799.
They had a total of 9 children:-
WILLIAM PERRY b.1767, MARY b.1769, JOHN b.1772, SARAH b.1774, THOMAS b.1776, JANE b.1779, JOSEPH b.1781, PHEOBE b.1783 and HANNAH b.1785.
All of these children were baptised @ Pattingham Parish Church.

WILLIAM PERRY went on to marry Mary Harrold on 16 April, 1788 @ Rowley Regis, and these were to have 2 known children, WILLIAM & SARAH.
JOHN PERRY had a known son named MARK.
JOSEPH PERRY went on to marry Fanny Shelooke on 28 April, 1800 @ St.Peter or Collegiate Church in Wolverhampton city centre.
JOSEPH is known to have had 5 children:-
MARY PERRY b.1803 (my ancestor who married JOSEPH ABBOTTS.)
WILLIAM PERRY b.1806
Unfortunetly Fanny then died in 1810, and is buried at St.Giles Church, Willenhall.
JOSEPH, who was a shoemaker in Lichfield Street, Willenhall, then re-married Ann Buxton on May 9, 1811, and had another 3 children:-
THOMAS PERRY b.1812 died 1814, CHARLES-BUXTON PERRY b.1813 and ELLEN.
JOSEPH at this time became a 'Cordwainer', a 'Master Shoemaker'.

WILLIAM PERRY (b.1806 as above) went on to marry a Mary, and had 2 children:- FANNY (named after her Grandmother) and MARY.

PLEASE REPLY TO E-MAIL abbotsbj@hotmail.com

Barry Abbots.

Re: Descendants of the PERRY or ABBOTTS families of Willenhall/Walsall.

Posted: 22 Oct 2001 1:43PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 8:25PM GMT
I don't suppose you have a Daniel Perry in your family, born about 1754, who worked for some time for a saddlers ironmonger in Walsall before moving to Kent where he was a gardener. His wife was named Mary, and they had children Daniel, Ann, John, George William and Samuel.

I have drawn a blank trying to trace him in Staffordshire.

Posted: 23 Oct 2001 10:59AM GMT
Surnames: Abbot/Abbotts/Abbots/Perry/Perrie/Stokes/Moorecroft/Dyke.
Hi Pauline,
Thanks for the query on DANIEL PERRY.
I do indeed have Daniel' s in my family tree, but I have not traced a Daniel born 1754 to date, and also married to Mary!!
But the sibling names are common within my tree. I have many John's, Ann's & 2 Daniel's, a William, & a Samuel.
The Daniel's in my tree were both born in Pattingham, near Wolverhampton, Staffordshire in 1678 and the son of in 1716.
Daniel (1678) married Phyllis and Daniel (1716) married Elizabeth, and I do know that Daniel & Elizabeth had a daughter named Ann born 1735 in Pattingham.
Your Daniel may be the grandson of my Daniel born 1716??
I take it that you have checked the L.D.S. for information? and what is the name of your Daniel's parents?
I will make some research check's at this end, and due to the coincidences mentioned above there is a good chance of a family link?
Incidently my link to the Perry's goes back to my gt.gt.gt. Grandmother - Mary Perry born 1802 in Willenhall, Staffs.
Keep in touch regards Barry Abbots.

Posted: 4 Dec 2001 4:16PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2006 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Abbott, Jellyman, Noden
Hi, I probably won't be any help to you but I was curious to know if you have a Will Abbott married to a Louisa Jellyman. She was born 1867, not sure of marriage date but probably around 189?. Her parent were Samuel and Margaret Noden Jellyman.

Posted: 4 Dec 2001 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Abbot/Abbotts/Abbots, Perry, Stokes, Shelvoke.
Hi Barbara,

Sorry but no WILL ABBOTT married to a Louisa Jellyman in our line, (to date).
I have some William's ABBOTTS/ABBOTS within the tree, and of course if I do find a link, I will contact you.
Where do your ancestors originate from, are they from the West Midlands, England?

Regards Barry Abbots.

Posted: 4 Dec 2001 5:57PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2006 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Abbott, Jellyman, Noden
No, the Noden and Jellyman families come from Cannock, Staffordshire and Worcestershire area. Also Conley, Cloucestershire. Not sure where those are in relationship to the Abbott family, but then I don't have any information on that name so I wouldn't know where Will Abbott came from. Thanks for keeping me in mind if anything comes up.

Alison Fitzgerald (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2002 10:19AM GMT
Surnames: PERRY,TRUEMAN SIVITER
I am trying to trace the family of my grt-grt-grt-grt grandmother SARAH PERRY b. 1787 Rowley Regis, Staffs. to William and Mary Perry. Sarah married John Trueman 3 Jan 1808 in Tipton, Staffs and gave birth to Mary Ann in 1810. Unfortunate Sarah was convicted and transported to Sydney Australia for 7 years in 1820 leaving behind 2 children. She took 10 yr old Mary Ann with her. From her will in 1873 she leaves everything to Thomas Trueman a farmer in Staffordshire (no town mentioned) and her daughter Hannah, married to Thomas Siviter.
In 1822 she remarried to John Holt and had two other children Eliza 1830 and William 1831. In 1827 she wrote to the Governor of New South Wales requesting that her brother Benjamin Perry ,nailor and also a convict (b 1803 Rowley Regis to William and Ann- from his death cert.) be assigned to her. Could these two Perrys be related to your William and Mary Harrold?

Barry Abbots (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2002 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Perry, Abbotts, Shelvoke, Stokes.
Allison,
I cannot see a link at present? My SARAH PERRY is found on the 1841 Census Return for Willenhall, Wolverhampton, residing with her Mother & Father - MARY nee Harrold & WILLIAM in Lichfield Street. SARAH is recorded as 25 years of age on this Census making her year of birth about 1816, and she is recorded as being born in Willenhall. It is however interesting that William & Mary were married in Rowley Regis, but I believe that this is due to the HARROLD family and not the family of William PERRY? The birth place of my William Perry is inconclusive, but there are possibilities in both Willenhall or Pattingham, Staffordshire?
I will keep your details in my PERRY file for future reference, you never know what may turn up in the future, perhaps you could do the same?
Regards Barry Abbots.

Posted: 6 Nov 2003 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: Perry
Hi Barry, I didn't see the name in your tree but have you an Andrew Perry anywhere born approx 1850? Am having a devil of a time tracing this fellow. He married Elizabeth Ford (I think) and had a son Philip.

Posted: 6 Nov 2003 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: PERRY
Hi Angela,
Sorry but I have no Andrew Perry that I am aware of in my tree.
Was Andrew born in Staffordshire, England?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.