Search for content in message boards

Alexander McCorkle & Nancy Agnes Montgomery - Rowan County, NC

Alexander McCorkle & Nancy Agnes Montgomery - Rowan County, NC

Posted: 3 Dec 2002 10:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2004 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: McCorkle, Montgomery Rowan Co. NC, Alexander, Finley
Alexander McCorkle b. 1722 in Scotland d. 12/24/1800 and wife Nancy Agnes Montgomery b. abt 1726 in Scotland d. 9/5/1789. They are my 5th Great Grandparents. Both are buried at Thyatira Cemetery in Rowan Co. NC. Alexander's parents are believed to be Samuel McCorkle and ? Alexander. Parent of Nancy Agnes Montgomery are believed to be John Montgomery and Martha Finley. Is anyone else researching this family?

Nancy Bird
bird@txucom.net
Texas

Re: Alexander McCorkle & Nancy Agnes Montgomery - Rowan County, NC

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 4:28PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2005 7:18PM GMT
I too am researching this family, and have the same informatin you have about their parents. I wonder if you have any of Alexander McCorkle's siblings? Specifically I am looking for an Elizabeth who married a John Sloan?

Thanks,

Bobby McCorkle (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2004 11:50AM GMT
Hello. I have been trying to research this family. I am Bobby McCorkle and my uncle years ago had the research done and it shows that Alexander was my fifth grandfather back. Now how accurate that is I don't know. My father was also a Bobby, and his father was Howard, and his father was Lewis, and it continues on up to Alexander. I have more information and can give you more detail.

Posted: 8 Dec 2007 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: McCorkle
Hi, I am researching McCorkles >Bucks,PA>/Trumbull,OH. Any of your extended lines connect to these areas?
Ann

Posted: 8 Dec 2007 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: McCorkle
Hi, I am researching McCorkles >Bucks,PA>/Trumbull,OH. Any of your extended lines connect to these areas?
Ann

Posted: 10 Dec 2007 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: McCorkle, Montgomery
No sorry, all of my McCorkle's moved to Cannon County, TN.

Posted: 12 Dec 2007 4:19PM GMT
My McCorkles moved to Cannon County, TN as well. I would be interested in trading information with you!
Susan

Posted: 12 Dec 2007 5:49PM GMT
Contact me at nbgenealogy@consolidated.net and we can compare notes.

Thanks,

Nancy Bragg Bird

Posted: 3 Mar 2008 11:26AM GMT
I have an Alexander Gillespie McCorkle as a son of Samuel Eusebius McCorkle, but have his mother listed as a Margaret Gillespie. I also have him listed as having an Elizabeth as a sibling along with a Nancy, Sophia, Peggy, and Harriet.

I have this Alexander listed with a dob of Feb 2, 1772 and a dod of Sept, 1825. In addition I show him as having married a Jane Gillihan on Now 29, 1804.

???

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: McCorkle, Hays, Montgomery
I believe Alexander McCorkle and Nancy Agnes Montgomery are my 6th Great Grandparents. If all my info is accurate, they had a son Alexander, who had a daughter Nancy McCorkle, who married James Andrews and had a daughter Priscilla, who married Alexander Hays and had a daughter (Priscilla) Amanda Caladonia Hays. Throughout those generations, they moved from Rowan, NC to Tennessee to Iowa. If anyone has info confirming these, I'd love to hear more.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.