Search for content in message boards

JAMES KNIGHT, ZEB KNIGHT

JAMES KNIGHT, ZEB KNIGHT

Posted: 14 Dec 2002 3:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KNIGHT, SISSON, KROUSE, WILLIAMS
I AM LOOKING FOR ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING MY GGRANDFATHER, ZEB FRANKLIN KNIGHT, AND MY GGGRANDFATHER JAMES KNIGHT WHO WAS MARRIED TO REBECCA SUSAN ( FANNY) WILLIAMS. THEY HAD 8 CHILDREN I BELIEVE. ZEB FRANKLIN WAS BORN IN ANNISTON ALABAMA FEB 29, 1875 AND DIED JAN. 13, 1954. ZEB MARRIED DIXIE SENORA SISSON. SHE WENT BY NORA. THEY LIVED IN WELLING, OKLAHOMA IN THE LATTER YEARS OF THEIR LIVES.

Re: JAMES KNIGHT, ZEB KNIGHT

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2009 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: Knight, Williams
I too have been searching for info of Zeb Knight's parentage. It is difficult, not much there. But I did find a family tree belonging to David Lynn Beard born 1972 in Stillwater that had a listing for James Lewis Knight born Jan 01, 1849 in Alabama and died Oct 19, 1930 in Welling, Ok. He was married to Rebecca Susan Williams born Feb 9, 1853 in Winchester, TN and died Jan 12, 1937 in Welling, Ok. This would have been Zeb's parents. "Fanny"/Rebecca's parents were listed as James R. Williams born in TN and Martha Jane Bradford born 1832 in TN. No date of death for either. Marriage on Sept 12, 1950. Zeb's grandfather was listed as Thomas Knight, Jr. born 1807 in NC. Zeb's greatgrandfather was listed as Thomas Knight, Sr. born 1756 in Orange County, VA. I don't really know if this is 100% accurate - just a little info I ran across. Saw your message and thought you might like to know. Hope it helps.
Sincerely,
Tracie Knight Vaughn (Zeb was my greatgrandfather, Charley Knight my grandfather, and Jerry Knight my father)

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 10:18PM GMT
Tracie,
Thank you for the information you sent me. My Dad, Darrell Krouse, is your Dad's cousin. Your Dad sent my Dad a family DVD. It was great, I received a copy from my Dad. Thank you again, and if you find out any more please let me know, I will do the same, thank you
Debbie

Posted: 5 Mar 2009 2:57AM GMT
Thanks! I will keep in touch if I find anything new. I don't remember you dad but I do remember Lela Krouse. Was she your grandmother? She was so nice. I remember going to her house by Cherokee Sch when I was little with my Gramps (Charley) and visiting in her backyard on her chair swing. She was so nice. I really liked her. Anyway, good to hear from you. Take care.
Tracie Vaughn

Posted: 6 Mar 2009 10:29PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2009 2:50PM GMT
Surnames: Knight, Krouse, Cartwright
Thanks Tracie,
And if I come across anything I will certainly share it with you. No, Lillie Krouse was my Grandmother, Bill ( William Earl Krouse) was my Grandfather. Lela, I think was Bea's wife, I think, Bea was my Grandfather's brother, I think. I have to go back and look at my notes. My ggrandfather was William D. Krouse, and he was married to Mary M. Cartwright. They had Docia, Bill ( my grandad), Coy, Millard, Bea and Mamie. (there might have been one more, I have to look back and we have our house on the marked and everything is packed right now.)Anyway, Bea died of a heart attack or something, he was mowing the lawn and came in and drank ice water and died. Bea would have been my great aunt, I think. I dont remember ever meeting her, unfortunately. Talk to you soon, and thanks again
Debbie

Posted: 6 Mar 2009 10:30PM GMT
lol, correction, Bea would have been my great uncle and Lela would have been my great aunt, sorry
Debbie

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 8:43PM GMT
I'm Zeb and Nora's Ggrand daughter. I've been looking for some informaation about him, too. What I am looking for is why he moved to Oklahoma. I know he married Nora in 1899 and my Granny Myrtle was born in 1900. He came to Oklahoma a year before his wife and child. There have been some interesting stories about why..one of them being that he shot someone (from my Granny). I am dying to know the story!! I also found a prison record a few years before he got married of a Z.F. Knight (prisoner 60) in Leavenworth Federal Prison in Kansas. I also found a census record where he spelled his last name Night and misspelled Granny's name. Mertle instead of Myrtle.

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: Knight, Moore
Hello Melanie. I am also a descendant of J L Knight and have been working on my family tree as well. I was wondering if your Granny Myrtle is the same Myrtle as my Aunt Myrtle, (parents James Lewis Knight and Cleo Agnes Moore) also born in 1900. She was the eldest sibling, where my mom was the youngest.... J L Knight also had another wife, Ellie Carr Tyson

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 5:42PM GMT
Unfortunately, the name Cleo Agnes Moore is nowhere in our family line...that I know of. I took a break from my research, but I am back on the hunt and I will do some digging to see if the name pops up.

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 5:49PM GMT
Hello Tracie. I am also discovering my lineage of the Knight family, and I believe we are related as well. I have the same names and dates that you mentioned David Lynn Beard has~ James Lewis Knight (1849-1930 in Welling, Ok) and Rebecca Susan Williams (1853-1937 in Welling, Ok) These people were my ggrandparents. I have some papers from my brother, Clifford Sloma, with many Knight names. Would Ronny Knight happen to be your uncle? and Arnold? Do you have an Aunt Ruth? How exciting to meet you! Where do you live? I am going to try to contact David..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.