Search for content in message boards

Harvey Murrell

Harvey Murrell

Randy (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murrell
I am trying to locate information on one Harvey Murrell. He was born in Hawkins Co. sometime in 1854. The only info i have regarding him concerns his time serving in the Civil War. He enlisted Sept. 17, 1863 in "L" Company of the 8th TN Cavalry. He deserted Dec. 17, 1864 and was returned May 5, 1865. Any information on his parents, siblings or wife would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

Harvey Murrell

Randy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Linda,
Thanks for the information. The info I had pertaining to him deserting came from military records I found in the Library at Rogersville...Anyway, what I am trying to do is see if this Harvey Murrell somehow ties into James Murrell. James married Nancy Williams alias Nancy Lawson, they had seven children but I do not know the names of those children. My line of Murrells starts with Aytchera Murrell d/o James Murrell. However we know that Nancy left James and he was married at least once more. If you have any info that connect Harvey and James, or just know anything about James' first set of children I would appreciate any you would be willing to share. I have some info on James' children from another wife that I would be willing to share with you if you would like it.

Thanks,
Randy

Harvey Murrell

Posted: 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2001 2:52AM GMT
Harvey G. Murrell was born in Lee Valley, Tn.-Feb. 14,1846 and died Jan.25 1924.He was the son of Pleasant and Susan Trent Murrell.He was m. three times. 1st to Jane Lawson they had ch:Alice,Molly,Piney,Malvina,Eliza Jane,Lilly Lee,Marena,Martha Jane and William L.The 2nd marriage was to Margaret Ferrell and 3rd wife was Martilia Lawson.If this is the correct Harvey Murrell he enlisted in the Union Army Sept. 17 1863 and was dishcharged Sept 11 1865.Do not think he deserted.He was a Baptist preacher for 32 yrs.I have more info on his decendents if you want it.My info came from other Murrell researchers.His pension papers are available and he is also mentioned in the book,Hancock Co.Tn.and It's People,available in Sneedville at the Hancock Co. court house.
Linda

Harvey Murrell

Randy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Linda,
Thanks for the info. I have the information that you spoke about, just can seem to find the children from his first marriage. I appreciate it and if you find or hear anything I would appreciate you letting me know, as I will do for you.

Thanks,
Randy

Harvey Murrell

Posted: 9 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2001 2:52AM GMT
Randy,
I am a decendant of (Joel) or Joseph Murrell brother of Harvey G. I do not know who their fathers' parents were.Wish somebody out there knew for sure. James shows up in the Hancock Co.(do not know yr.) census married to Barbery with his children in the household.Check TNGen GenForum Forum Finder for the Murrell Family Geneology Forum. There are a couple of people under Murrells of Hawkins Co.researching these folks. The book Hancock Co. and its people is also at the library in Rogersville and I think James is mentioned in it also.I hope I helped. Also I left out Simpson Franklin being one of Harvey and Jane Murrells ch.
Linda

Posted: 27 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 4:37PM GMT
Linda
My line is through the brother of Harvey and Joel, James Orville.
James Orville's father was Pleasant b 1823/25. He was married (1)Susan Trent (2) Elizabeth Lawson. Susan was the mother of James Orville, Harvey and Joel. I got this information from census records and the periodical "Distant Crossroads".
James Orville was married (1) Martha Cobb (2) Amanda Lawson

Linda Waner

Re: Murrell

Posted: 29 May 2007 7:23PM GMT
Hello,
I have narrowed my ancestry through James Orville Murrell. Can you help me? Maybe you can help my confusion..

Re: Murrell

Posted: 1 Jun 2007 2:35AM GMT
Which of his children are your descended from? James Orville Murrell was in Howell County, MO in 1900. We have been trying to track down descendents of his sons Palestine and Dalzell, some of whom moved west after 1900. Do you have any information about them? I have traced some of them through 1930.

David

Re: Harvey Murrell

Posted: 16 Jul 2007 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: Harvey Murrell
I would like for you to send me the information that you have on Harvey Murrell. My family is from the Murrell/Ferrell split.
Thanks
Susan Klepper
sklepper@bellsouth.net

Re: Harvey Murrell

Posted: 17 Jul 2007 1:48AM GMT
What do you mean by the "Murrell/Ferrell" split? The Murrells/Lawsons/Ferrells intermarried frequently. There was no obvious split--well, maybe that is not quite true. Supposedly, Linda Lawson (Malinda Gilbert, wife of Curren Lawson) paid Emory Minor $1 to kill John Ferrell. He said that he did it.

David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic