Search for content in message boards

RIDDLE family

RIDDLE family

Susie Riddle Pollock (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2002 5:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RIDDLE
Would like to contact any Riddles from the Daviess County area of Kentucky.

Re: RIDDLE family

Janice Remmers (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2003 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: Riddle
I am not a Riddle but I found this in a book I have on Daviess County. "Worden Riddle was born in Nelson County, KY, Nov. 11, 1825, son of Thomas Riddle, a native of Frankfort, Ky. He came to Daviess County in 1848, and located in Yelvington Precinct, where he owns 97 acres of good land, and is engaged in farming and stock-raising. Just prior to coming here he married Ann, daughter of Charles Nettle. Five children have been born to them, but three now living-John, William and Laura Bell. Mr. Riddle and family are members of the Macedonia Baptist Church." There is also a mention of Laura Bell Riddle married a Emmett Wells on Oct. 28, 1874, they had 3 children 2 now living-Charles and James Worden. Mr. and Mrs. Wells are members of the Baptist Church.

Posted: 16 Mar 2004 2:02PM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2005 2:05PM GMT
I have Riddles in my family, Minnie Taylor,Riddle
Herman Riddle who sold insurance in Philpot, KY
Any connect ?

Susie Pollock (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2004 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: RIDDLE
Donna,
As for Riddles in Philpot, KY?...there are none in my database. I have to further study my John Riddle from Owen County to know if my Riddles are THE Riddles I have in my database, temporarily.
Wish I could be of more assistance to you...but right now have nothing.
Good luck with your search,
Susie Riddle Pollock
TN

Posted: 3 Apr 2004 11:28PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2005 3:13PM GMT
Thanks Susie!

Posted: 6 May 2004 2:16AM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2005 1:23AM GMT
My family includes a Herman Riddle that was born in 1875 and died in 1940 in Daviess Co. Herman was the brother of my grandfather, Warden, who lived outside Philpot. They also had another brother named Charles and a sister named Jenny. The parents of these people were Charles T. and Susan Moreland Riddle. Charles's parents were Thomas and Elizabeth Nuttall Riddle. Thomas's parents were Thomas and Huldah Osborne Riddle. Huldah is buried in the cemetary at Lynville, Indiana.

Posted: 20 Apr 2005 6:50PM GMT
I just read some old messages and I don't know if I contacted you or not.
I have a lot of new info on the Riddles frrom Philpot, KY.
My new E-Mail is jff1940@aol.com
Thanks Donna

Posted: 20 Apr 2005 6:57PM GMT
I just read some old messages.
I fond out that their are 7 Riddles in the Macedonia Baptist Church Cem.
There are also Taylor's buried there.
My family is Riddle, Scott, and Taylor of Daviess CO. Philpot and Owesboro, KY.
My new E-Mail is jff1940@aol.com

Posted: 21 Apr 2005 3:26PM GMT
My Herman Riddle was married to Minnie Scott, my dads aunt my great Aunt. His Parents werw Charles W. Scott, and May A.
They are all from Philpot, KY. I have been recearching my great Uncle Ambrose Taylor from Philpot he was a Mail Carrier.
I have all these people you mention in my search.
Do you have any pictures? I don't have any.
We are related but how i'm not sure.
Donna

Posted: 21 Apr 2005 3:59PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2005 1:23AM GMT
Donna,
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't heard from you and had given up hope. I have photos of my grandparents, Warden and Emma, and their children. I don't know where it is at the moment, but I also have a photo of my greatgrandfather Charles and his adult children. My grandfather and his brother Charles look so much alike that you'd think they were twins. I remember, from that photo, Herman being a much more rotund fellow.
You're right, we are somehow related. Philpot,KY isn't a big spot today and was even smaller when my grandparents were living there. It's even more amazing to me that all those related Riddles could have been living in Daviess County and yet didn't seem to associate all that much. I have an uncle who lives near me and he pretty much refuses to believe that there were relatives living in Daviess County that he was unaware of at that time. Unfortunately, he's not at all interested in his family's history.
Have you been to Daviess County and Lynville, IN? There's lots of Riddles buried there. Huldah Osborne Riddle is in the cemetary in Lynville. I have no idea where her husband Thomas is buried. Hey, maybe that's part of your new info! I'm anxiouosly awaiting your news.
Bob
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.