Search for content in message boards

Wilson Research in Posey Co.

Posted: 4 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Oct 2004 1:12PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON
Searching for info. on the 6 sons of William Wilson who moved to Posey County beginning in 1815 from Butler Co. PA. Elder Wm died in Butler Co. in 1808. They were John, Alexander, Christopher, William, Thomas and Robert. I believe Christopher and Robert stayed in Posey Co. while the other brothers moved on to Grant Co. WI and further although some of their children stayed in Posey Co. as well. Will exchange info. with anyone interested

Posted: 6 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2002 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson
I am researching my ggg grandfather, John H. Wilson family who lived in Platteville, Grant Co., WI. John H. Wilson was born in 1845. I believe his father was William Wilson born abt. 1825. If I have found the correct family, William was born in Pennsylvania and the family settled in Indiana before moving to Wisconsin. I am looking for more info on this group. Here is what I have so far.

Taken from the 1860 Grant Co. census, Township of Harrison (?) Platteville Post Office.

William Wilson age 45, farmer, born in Pennsylvania
Ann, age 43 or 45, wife, born in Pennsylvania
Robert, age 20, farm hand, born in Indiana
William, age 17, born in Indiana
John, age 14, born in Wisconsin
Theodore, age 9, born in Wisconsin
Georgie, age 7, born in Wisconsin
Emily, age 4, born in Wisconsin

Taken from the History of Grant Co.:
Town of Smelser
Robert A. Wilson - stock dealer and proprietor of hotel Georgetown. Born in Posey Co., Indiana in 1840 came to Wisconsin in 1844 with parents located in Paris (WI), settled in Smelser in 1865. Married Melissa Jordan of WI. They had three children..Lewis A., Robert V. and Alta M. Mr. Wilson served four years in the United States Army.

Wilson Brothers

Edwin Broadus (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Saltzman, Dunbar
Alexander Wilson, who married Sarah Dunbar, died in Posey Co. in 1819, and his widow remarried in 1822 (to Alexander Highman). Thomas Wilson married Catherine Saltzman. Thomas died in 1837. Robert Wilson married Elizabeth Wilson, daughter of Lewis Wilson of Butler Co., PA. Lewis Wilson also settled in Posey Co.

William Wilson

----Edwin Broadus (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson
Alexander and Sarah (Dunbar) Wilson had a son named William who, in the 1820 Posey Co. census was under 10 years of age. He is named in his mother's will.

Alexander Wilson

Posted: 7 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 5:39AM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Dunbar
I show Alexander Wilson b:1774 Butler PA d: 1819 Posey Co., m: abt 1800 to Sarah Dunbar (she Remarried to Alexander Highman on Jan 10, 1822)
They had 7 children:
Kesiah Wilson/Andrew Saltzman
William Wilson/Margaret Moore
Mary Wilson/John Johnston
Ann Wilson b:1806
Isela Wilson/Abner Coates (died in CA)
Alexander Wilson b:1813
Margaret Wilson/Milton Fillingrim

Have the birthdates, if you want them, let me know
Claudia

Re: Alexander Wilson

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Mary Wilson
I am from the line of Mary Wilson who married John Johnston/Johnson. Do you have her birth date by any chance?

thanks so much

Re: Alexander Wilson

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 3:27AM GMT
I show her born 1804 in Butler Co., PA and death Mar 26 1862 in Posey County Indiana
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.