Search for content in message boards

Beasley Prewitt

Beasley Prewitt

Jean Pace (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Prewitt, Humphreys, Rogers
Looking for copy of will of Beasley Prewitt. He died about 1839 in West Liberty, Liberty County, TX, buried in Old French Cemetery. He md 1) Eleanor "Ellen" Humphrey and md. 2) Lucy Sims Rogers, 1808 in Rapides Parish, Louisiana. The will was written in Spanish. We have a translated copy but have no idea where it is recorded. The Liberty Co. courthouse burned in 1874. Can anyone help?? I am helping a friend prove her line to Beasley so that she may join The Daughters of the Republic of Texas. Any documentation that he was the father of Hugh Uriah Prewitt would help as well.

Re: Beasley Prewitt

carol (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 3:09AM GMT
Have you tried the Sam Houston Research Library in Liberty they have some copies of wills on file.

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2001 12:58AM GMT
Found a copy of the will today...will be back in town Monday AM...

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2001 4:00PM GMT
Sorry my mistake I thought I had gotten your mailing address.
I went to the Sam Houston Library in Liberty and copied a file for you. It contains letters from Mary Ann Garner Golding doing research on Beasley, a pedigree chart, another letter from another family member-Jean S., page 105 on Uriah Prewitt, 1831, a copy of the Confederate Pension App., a second pension claim on Prewitt, Power of Attorney for Uriah Prewitt in the matter of Beasley Prewitt, a copy of the land, two copies of Beasley's will one hand written and one typed.
Both wills tell that Beasly Prewitt/Pruitt native of the County of Essex in the stat of VA one of ___North America and on the Trinity River Didstrict of Atascosito in the Dept. of Bejar which appertains to the Soverign State of Cohuila and Texas of the Mexican Confed. This proves his will is filed with the Mexican government as well as Liberty Co.
The Consulado General De Mexico's office is located in Houston, Tx off Fannin Street. They should have his origional will. Due to the fact that the Seal date was July 2nd A. D. 1845
If you would like this paper work I would love for you to have it if you don't already. I made for your research. The cost is nothing. Did it solely for the fun of research and helping others
Carol

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2001 4:04PM GMT
p. s. I should have told you that you can email me directly

higgie323@aol.com

Don Gray (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2002 6:00PM GMT
HI ...My GGGgrandmother was Nancy Pewitt??? Great Niece of Beasly Prewitt. She m. Daniel Gray in Tenn. Would appreciate any info on Tx Prewitts. Daniel and part of Family came to Bastrop area of Tx in 1831 others followed in 1847. Daniel and two sons were some of the first Texas Rangers. were in Ranging detachment before, during and after the 1836 revoution.....Don Gray ..Lumberton, Tx

Posted: 14 Apr 2004 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Prewitt
Hi Don, My name is David Prewitt, from Hooks, TX. I have been working on my family history for over 2 years now. Is your Beasley Prewitt's grandfather, Uriah Prewitt. If so we have the same line. I have some information on the Prewitt line, if intersted please email me at ddp1244_99@yahoo.com. David Prewitt

Posted: 3 Nov 2010 3:14AM GMT
Classification: Will
I have a copy just sent to me and can email it to you. I'm at diverdeb2002@yahoo.com
The Will will be posted on my family tree: The Greens of Texas and their many cousins for a few more months as I am about to close this account.

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: Prewitt
I am related through Matilda Prewitt, She is my grandfathers
2nd wife and they had Willis Garner, Could you be kind enough to send me a copy of the will of Beasley Prewitt. Also I am going to look at your family tree. Like your picture on the e-mail. mgold1927@att.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.