Search for content in message boards

Franklin Pilkinton/Pilkington, b. 1852/53, Alabama

Franklin Pilkinton/Pilkington, b. 1852/53, Alabama

Posted: 24 Jun 2005 2:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Nov 2005 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: Pilkinton/Pilkington
Searching for descendants of Franklin. He was in St. Clair County, Alabama census in 1860, age 7. By 1900, he was living in Calhoun County, Alabama, married to Nancy E. He was brother of my great-grandfather, George, and I am trying to clear up the mystery of the two men's parentage. Would love to compare notes with Franklin's descendants.

Re: Franklin Pilkinton/Pilkington, b. 1852/53, Alabama

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 2:00PM GMT
I am descended from Franklin's daughter Viola Victoria. She married Albert Reinhardt, and had 9 children. Cora Viola was my Grandmother. She married George W. McElwee. I would be interested in hearing from others researching the Pilkington lines that ended up in Calhoun County, Al.

Sheila Coupland (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2006 1:04AM GMT
Hi, Yvette,

Sheila Coupland (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2006 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: Pilkington, Messemore
Hi, Yvette, Delighted to hear from you. My research indicates that George and Franklin were children of William Pilkington, who was a son of Parmenas Pilkington and Ruth Bradford. George and Franklin had an older sister named Nancy. These three were the children of the above-named William and a first wife, whose name I have not been able to uncover. By 1860, William was married to Sarah Messemore, and they had a baby named James. Later, there was at least another child named Columbus "Lum." At some point before 1870, William disappeared from the picture, and I have not been able to locate him. My George was living with the brother of Sarah Messemore in 1870. He later married and moved to Georgia. I am hoping that with the help of some of the other descendants of William that I can put together a fuller picture of this family. There is a lot of confusing and contradictory information about the Pilkington family, and I have been unable to sort it all out. I'd love to share with you what I have discovered and would love to know what info you have. Perhaps we can discover the identity of the mother of Franklin, George, and Nancy as well as other facts.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.