Search for content in message boards

Philo Selby b.1809 NY-OH-MI

Philo Selby b.1809 NY-OH-MI

Kathryn Schultz (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2001 7:28AM GMT
Looking for family and ancestors of Philo Selby, b. 1809 in NY. He married Catherine Shank in 1834 in Portage County Ohio. Later settled in Van Buren County MI. He had a son named Lorenzo Selby. I would appreciate any information.

SELBY, Brainard of Berkshire Co, MA to Portage Co. OH in 1816

Posted: 9 Oct 2002 3:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 May 2004 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: SELBE SELBY SYLLBY SYLBBY SYLBY
am seeking information regarding Brainard or Brainerd SELBY or SYLBBY or SYLBY of Sandisfield, Berkshire Co., MA. He appeared on the 1790 census as:

Sylbby, Brainard 3 3 5 0 0 33 in Sandisfield

If I am reading this correctly, there were 6 males and 5 females in his household n 1790. I have read that he moved his family to Ohio (probably Portage County) in 1816. His children include Nelson and Newton SELBY. His wife, I believe, is Roxy PATTERSON. Roxy may be his second wife as there is a large family of PATTERSON's in Portage Co. who originally came from Connecticut.

Any help on this family would be appreciated.

Bonita

Re: Philo Selby b.1809 NY-OH-MI

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 3:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Philo Selby
Not a descendant of Philo Selby. Grandfather, Philo Selby Shank, was named for him & was a neighbor in Monterey twsp, Allegan co., MI. My mother, Cora Marilla Shank Ten Have, recalled being sent to "Aunt Liz & Uncle Philo's" when her mother was giving birth to her brother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.