Search for content in message boards

Lee Reeves Miller - log house

Lee Reeves Miller - log house

Posted: 22 May 2006 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Miller Johnson Hammitt Fordham Smith Huff Hall
Hello! I am the GGGG-GD of Lee Reeves Miller and Martha Smith, GGG-GD of son John G. Miller and Salatha (Lathy) Fordham, GG-GD of daughter Salatha Leona Miller Johnson Huff and Owen B. Johnson, and G-GD of daughter Hattie Franklin Johnson and Charles Malcolm Hammitt. I saw a posting a while back but cannot find it, and I need information. There was information about the whereabouts of a two-story log house (with dog-trot doors) belonging to Lee Reeves Miller and was described as being still in existence "southeast of Barnes." I have combed that area and found nothing. However, I did see the sign for the Reuben Hall log home in that area. I do know that these Halls and my Millers were big friends and came here together from Washington County, GA. Does anyone know where this two-story log house could be in that area?
Thanks!!:)

Re: Lathy Fordham

Posted: 23 May 2006 5:55PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2006 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: PARKER, FORDHAM

Salathiel M. Fordham lived near my Lewis Parker in the 1850 Census of Henry Co. Al. Lewis had a son named Robert who named one of his sons's Salathial. Do you know how the family is related?

1850 Henry Co. Alabama Census

1 498 507 Parker, Lewis 78 M Farmer SC X
2 498 507 Parker Mary 55 F SC

1850 census Henry Co. Al.
Salathiel Fordem age 44 b.SC
Elizabeth Fordem 42 b.SC
John D. " 17 b.Al
Syntha " 13 b.Al
Lathy(?) " 6 b.Al
Bejame(?) " 4 b.Al
Amos " 3 b.Al

Re: Lathy Fordham

Suzanne Hammitt, LPC (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2006 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: Miller Fordham Smith Pickle Johnson Hammitt
Hello! I am researching your question, as I do not know for sure. Of course, Salatha Susan Fordham was the daughter of Salathiel M. Fordham and his second wife, Elizabeth Pickle Fordham. (Salathiel and Elizabeth are buried at the Abbeville City Cemetery.) Salatha is listed on different censuses as Lathy, Lathey, and Lettey. On her grave at Howard Grove Cemetery on County Road 55 (near Lovetown), her name is Latha S. Miller, and she is buried next to her husband, John G. Miller. He was her second cousin once removed, and she was his third cousin. Salathiel Fordham's mother was Elsie Miller, the daughter of William J. Miller, who was the brother of Lee Reeves Miller. Of course, Lee Miller and Martha Smith were the parents of John G. MIller, Lathy's husband. (Whew!!) So, they were "kissing cousins"! :)I am beginning research on the Fordham branch and may find some connection through the Fordhams, Millers, Smiths, or others on your Parkers.
Have a nice day!!
Suzanne Hammitt, LPC :)

Re: Lee Reeves Miller - log house

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 3:41AM GMT
Dear Suzanne:

This is a real long shot but I though I might ask.

Eliza Jane Patman Hall married Wiliam Rabun Hall son of Reuben Hall) in 1858 and had one son. She divorced William Rabun Hall prior to 1965 when she married a second time to an A. J. MILLER in 1865.

Do you have a A. J. Miller in your line? I have looked all over for this marriage but have not found any records but then again I haven't found any divorce records either.

Talked to Abbyville County Clerk but was told they have no records of divorces prior to 1933. I know of the divorce through the will of her grandfather Benjamin Franklin Peterman. She married a third time in 1872 and had three more chidren in Lousianna and Texas.

All this only gives background that leads up to my main question Who is A. J Miller adn what happen to him?
Judy

Re: Lee Reeves Miller - log house

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 8:23PM GMT
Judy- I just saw your post. I too am a descendant of Lee Reeves Miller (I am a third great grandson). I do show a Alexander Jefferson Miller in the line, but I don't have much on him other than AJ is a son of Thomas Jefferson Miller, who was a brother of Lee Reeves Miller. I too did some checking on the log house, without success.
Lamar Miller
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.