Search for content in message boards

Joseph/Hazel Soule family of Findlay, Ohio area

Joseph/Hazel Soule family of Findlay, Ohio area

Amy Foster (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2003 10:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SOULE, Foster, Snavely
I am loking for descendats of Jseph and Hazel (Snavely) Soule of the Findlay Ohio area. Hazel's parents were Callista (Foster) Snavely and Edward Snavely. I know that you are out there, because they had at least a dozen children! :0) I don't have all of their children's names, but some are as follows:
Charles, James (?), Lynnette, Donna, Betty, Mary Kathryn (died as a baby), Beulah Wave (also died as a baby), and possibly Hazel. Hazel and Joseph are buried in Oakwood Cemetery in Findlay, Ohio. Please contact me if you know any of these people!

Re: Joseph/Hazel Soule family of Findlay, Ohio area

Posted: 20 Feb 2003 3:48AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2003 1:21PM GMT
Hi Amy,

I have a question. >:) Do you know if you had a "snake charmer" in your line of descent? Just curious

Lynde
Asst' Historian
Soule Kindred in America

Posted: 21 Feb 2003 12:39AM GMT
Hi Amy,

My face is red because I asked you a question that 'belonged" to someone elses line. So please disregard as you probably thought I was nuts. But, someone out there might know about Opal Dale Soule Manley's line. >:)

Now back to your question.

Here is your line to George Soule the Pilgrim.

3996 4014 Soule, Joseph Elijah 1889 LTF Snavely, Hazel G.
4014 1087 Soule, Joseph Smith 1836 LTF Barrett, Louise
1087 1091 Soule, Charles William 1791 RBK Weed, Anna
1091 5244 Soule, Charles Williams 1762 MAI Clark, Dorothy
5244 3385 Soule, Moses 1738 2912 Williams, Eleanor
3385 5249 Soule, Isaac c1701 MAI Perry, Agatha
5249 3787 Soule, Moses c1669 MAI Southworth, Mercy
3787 2723 Soule, John c1632 MAI Simmons, Rebecca
2723 0 Soule, George the Pilgrim c1593 MAI Bucket, Mary

Sources: Records from the Soule Kindred in America CFL (card files) MAI (Gen. Soc. of Mayflower Desc.) RBK Col. John Soule's red notebooks). Index numbers are from the Soule Kindred Indexing system/cd.

Hope this helps in your search. Maybe I can find some info. on the children of Joseph and Hazel Soule.

Lynde R.
Asst' Historian
Soule Kindred

Posted: 21 Feb 2003 12:58AM GMT
Hi Amy,

I thought I would check the Soule Kindred Indexes and found a six (6) of Joseph E. Soule's children. At this point that is all that are listed. Maybe with a bit more information we might be able to find and add the remainder of the children with your lineage to the Soule Kindred Index as source for future generations.

Children of Joseph Elijah Soule #3996

729 3996 Soule, Betty Jane 1927 LTF Ross, Wayne
983 3996 Soule, Charles Edward 1922 LTF Saam, Wanda l.
3013 3996 Soule, Hazel Estella 1918LTF Moyer, Lawrence
3579 3996 Soule, James William 1925LTF Rufty, Irene
4449 3996 Soule, Louella 1914 LTF Engler, Harold E.
4631 3996 Soule, Mabel 1913 LTF Hunter, Everett

Lets hope someone elses can help you with more information on the children.

Lynde
Asst' Historian
Soule Kindred in America

Posted: 23 Feb 2003 10:51PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2004 12:09AM GMT
I show 11 children and additional info. Please contact me: dabristols@wcnet.org

Posted: 23 Feb 2003 11:49PM GMT
Hi Anna,

We would sure like to be able to add the rest of the children as the Soule Kindred only lists six. Any information would be great.

Thanks,
Lynde

Posted: 26 Feb 2003 10:56PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2003 12:39AM GMT
This should read Joseph/Hazel Soule family of Fremont, Ohio area. They are my grandparents.

Posted: 26 Feb 2003 11:07PM GMT
Children of Hazel and Joseph Soule in order of their birth:
Mabel, Luella, Hazel, Esther, Charles, Buelah Wave, Mary Catherine, James, Betty, Donna, Lynnette.

Betty was married 1) Rollin Braun after his death 2) Wayne Roth not Ross.

These are my aunts and uncles.

Great-grandparents Joseph Smith Soule married 1) Juliet Malvina Curtis after her death he married 2) Louisa Jane Current in Grayson County, Texas in the year 1879. Louisa was married to James Barrett first and he died but I do not know when.

Posted: 27 Feb 2003 12:28AM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2005 6:50PM GMT
Hi Elizabeth,

If everyone receives two messages it's because I don't think the last one "went". >:) The Computer did it's Thing and froze just as I clicked to send. Anyway, I know that Amy Foster, the original person with the request, will enjoy your information. We will also make note in the file with our information.

Thanks for sending,
Lynde Randall
Asst' Historian
Soule Kindred in America

Posted: 27 Feb 2003 1:30PM GMT
For many years another family established that their Charles Soule of Otsego Co., NY was the son of Rev. War Vet. Charles Williams Soule. Our Charles Williams Soule who married Anna Weed did indeed live in Otsego County, NY as his 1st son Elijah Weed Soule was born there. Information to that effect is on Elijah Weed Soule's death certificate as well as Civil War pension papers. Charles and Anna moved to Sandusky County, Ohio and was well established in York twp. by 1830. The most significant proof is a statement Charles Wms Soule of Sandusky County, Ohio had written in a letter including names of his sister and brother concerning the arrears of pension due to them as heirs of their father, Charles W. Soule late of Otsego County, NY. This documentation was brought before James Robinson acting Justice of the Peace of Sandusky County, Ohio for his verification.

This document can be found in the original pension papers of Charles Williams Soule, Rev. War Vet. Many copies of pension files are floating out there at numerous libraries but are not a complete file that have excluded tidbits of important information. I found this complete file copy at Western Reserve Library, Cleveland, Ohio.

Elizabeth Stager

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.