Search for content in message boards

Boston Family,Tn.Limb

Boston Family,Tn.Limb

Ray Spence Boston sr (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boston, Bonner, Cassity, Chaffin, Cope, Farrar, Farmer, Gregory, Hesson, Hinton, Hall, Jenkins, Nash, Pettross, Russell, Wynn, Armistead, Echels, Hawkins, Smith
This is what I believe,Christian Boston(origin Unknown)said to have been born in MD 1770,m Ruth-----? b VA ca1775,m 1791
Rowan Co.NC.First child George b NC 1793,Rebecca (KATE) b NC
1796 then the family removed to what is now Pleasant Shade
(SMITH CO)Tn,arriving before TN became a state.Settling on TOW TOWN BRANCH,Christian and Ruth sired six additional childrenAndrew J b1807,Ann b 1813,Christian jr b 1817,John b
1820,James b 1823.Susannah,no record exists save mention in
several deeds as daughter and heir of Christian Boston.Three
children and families removed to Christian Co. Ky before 1850.
My thank's to all who worked so hard to gather this information,notably Hollis Boston,Montogemry,Ala and Rick
Allen of Indiana.
Christian Boston is my G-G-G-father and I am decended through
George Boston and Matilda Parkhurst,wife # 2 OF George,his
wife # 1 was Juda Cope of Rowan Co,NC
I was born and reared to manhood within 3 miles of Christian
and Ruths home place.Ruth died there after 1854,Christian died there April,1831.
I look forward to hearing from many unknown relatives and am
open to any corrections that are valid
Ray Boston
Greenbrier,Tn 37073
Posted: 23 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 8:34AM GMT
Surnames: Boston, Bonner, Hasty, Brewington
I too am a decendant of this family. My ggrandfather was, Jacob BOSTON, was the son of George and Matilda. My grandmother was Lora Dell BOSTON BONNER. Her son Jackie Boston BONNER is my father. Words cannot express how happy I am to have found you cuz. I love you and I know who you are.
Thanks for the great info. Jackie

Boston Family

Posted: 14 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2006 3:41AM GMT
Surnames: Boston
I am also a descendant of Christian Boston through his son, James M. Boston, then Gideon Clayborn Boston, then James Robert Boston, then James Colman Boston, then James Adler Boston. I am so happy to have finally found my family. My dad died in Feb. of 2000 and he had no idea of who was beyond Gideon Clayborn. I'm glad that I can let the rest of the family know that we have family all over the place!

Re: Boston Family

Ray Boston (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2003 6:13PM GMT
Roddy......today is 5 June, 2003,...Please contact me ASAP.

Ray

Re: Boston Family,Tn.Limb

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 7:12AM GMT
hi . guess i found a new cousin and he lives close by too. my boston line goes through rebecca kate wh married a gregory. good to see there are still family members besides grgorys in the area. barry

Re: BOSTON Family

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 1:56AM GMT
Do you have any dates on your Jacob, George, & Matilda? My George Boston named his first daughter Matilda. I'm wondering if there is a connection. Email me at bluej@train.missouri.org

Posted: 22 Dec 2004 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Compton, Chaffin, Travillian, Carr
I find that you list (2) Surnames that are of particular interest. My Great Grandmother was born Harriet Rebecca Chaffin in Smith Co. TN. She had a sister named Mary that Was the wife of Thomas Douglas Gregory. Until this past Sunday the Boston Surname meant zilch to me. A cousin who was going through some old papers of a recently deceased Uncle found a transcription of an interview that mu Uncle had with our Grand Parents in 1959. Grandpa stated that Harriet's mother was a Boston. In the 1850 Smith Co. TN. Census Harriet is living with Ruthy or Ruthe age 50. Can you shed any light on this finding??

James S. Ray (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2004 8:57PM GMT
After my first post today, I remembered that a George Chaffin and wife Lydia and family were listed on the same patch of ground as was Tom Compton and Harriet R. Chaffin in the 1870 Pope Co. IL. Census. It appears that George and family moved to Macon Co. TN. by the taking of the 1880 Census. It has always been my assumption that George was Harriet's brother.

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 5:42PM GMT
My husbands grandma is also named Lora Dell Boston Bonner. She died in Lebanon, Tennessee. He thinks she died in the late 1960s or early 1970s. He has no information on his ancestors and would love to learn more. Do you have any information you could share with him?

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 11:40PM GMT
My husband's Boston line goes back to a Major John Boston from the Revolutionary War. We know he lived in Onslow County, NC at that time and may have been from Accomack County or Northampton County, VA (pennisula area). What I found interesting is that his son James married an Elozabeth Dell Briggs and other descendants later on married sons of Col. Phillip Dell. Wondering if you have ever come across relatives in NC or GA?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.