I have not worked on this family in a while but here is what I had found...
Descendants of George Matlock
Generation No. 1
1. GEORGE9 MATLOCK (JOHN WATSON8, DAVID LEE7, WILLIAM JAMES?6,) was born 03 March 1795 in Lee County, Virginia, and died Bef. 1860 in Trimble County, Kentucky. He married MARGRET. She was born Abt. 1797, and died 08 March 1870 in Greenfield, Greene County, Illinois. She is buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Rubicon Township, Greene County, Illinois.
Notes for GEORGE MATLOCK:
In 1830 George is living in Lee County Virgina.
Children of GEORGE MATLOCK and MARGRET are:
i. SARAH ELIZABETH10 MATLOCK, m. SAMUEL DIXON, 30 April 1874, Greene County, Illinois; b. 17 March 1833, Rockbridge, Greene County, Illinois; d. 21 January 1906, Greenfield, Greene County, Illinois.
2. ii. JAMES WILLIAM MEDLOCK, b. 1827, Lee County, Virginia; d. 01 February 1859, Breathitt County, Kentucky.
3. iii. MATILDA S. MATLOCK, b. 17 March 1824, Tennessee.; d. 17 May 1882, Greenfield, Green Couinty, Illinois. She is buried in Rose Hill Cemetery, Greene, IL; Stepchild.
4. iv. WILLIAM MATLOCK, b. 05 January 1830, Virginia; d. 26 December 1906, ...He is buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Greenfield, Illinois.
5. v. THOMAS A. MATLOCK, b. 1832, Kentucky; d. 27 June 1898, ...He is buried in the Mitchell Cemetery, Greenfield, Illinois..
vi. RACHEL MATLOCK, b. 1834.
vii. MARTHA J. MATLOCK, b. 03 May 1838, Kentucky; m. LAWRENCE D. WILLIAMS, 07 August 1850, Trimble County, Kentucky.
Generation No. 2
2. JAMES WILLIAM10 MEDLOCK (GEORGE9 MATLOCK, JOHN WATSON8, DAVID LEE7,) was born 1827 in Lee County, Virginia, and died 01 February 1859 in Breathitt County, Kentucky. He married MARY POLLY LITTLE 08 December 1853 in Breathitt County, Kentucky. She was born July 1832 in North Fork of the Kentucky River, Perry County, Kentucky.
Notes for JAMES WILLIAM MEDLOCK:
THIS FAMILY USES THE SURNAME MEDLOCK
This family attachment to George Matlock born 3 Mar 1795 is based on best evidence of the Census and research from Brenda Avila via a series of Email exchanges of 22 Mar 01. Why James uses the surname Medlock is unknown. This family moved to Breathitt County, Kentucky before 1850. In 1850 James is listed as a coal miner. In 1900 Polly is living in Breathitt County, Kentucky. Daniel, John and Thomas are living in in Pond Creek, Jackson County, Kentucky.
Notes for MARY POLLY LITTLE:
In 1860 Polly is living with her parents in Breathitt County, Kentucky. John C. B.; Thomas and Daniel are also there with her.
Entries: 8436 Updated: Fri Apr 2 17:47:01 2004 Contact: 224daniel rebich firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Mary Polly WATTS
Given Name: Mary Polly
Birth: Jul 1832 in Ky,,,,,
Father: William LITTLE b: 1809 in ,,North Carolina,,,
Mother: Patsy WATTS b: 1815
Children of JAMES MEDLOCK and MARY LITTLE are:
i. HARRY11 MEDLOCK, m. VENA LAMBERT.
ii. JOHN C. B. MEDLOCK, b. 03 October 1854, Middle Fork, Breathitt Couny, Kentucky; m. SUSAN JOHNSTON, 14 February 1877, Jackson County, Kentucky; b. February 1857, Middle Fork, Breathitt Couny, Kentucky.
Notes for JOHN C. B. MEDLOCK:
14 Feb 1877 John Medlock res JC, 23, 1stM, farmer, pob KY, Fpob Va, Mpob KY, Susan Johnson res JC, 21, 1stM, pob KY pars pob Ky, pom JC
iii. THOMAS MEDLOCK, b. 01 January 1856, Georges Branch, Breathitt County, Kentucky; d. 05 October 1938; m. ELIZABETH PENNINGTON, 30 October 1879, Jackson County, Kentucky; b. 17 March 1857, Owsley, Kentucky; d. 08 January 1930, Kentucky.
iv. WILLIAM MEDLOCK, b. 14 December 1857, Fishtrap Branch, Breathitt County, Kentucky; d. 24 July 1931; m. NANCY SPICER; b. 1854, Kentucky.
v. DANIEL MEDLOCK, b. August 1860, Fishtrap Branch, Breathitt County, Kentucky; m. MARTHA JOHNSTON; b. August 1860, Kentucky.
vi. ETTA MEDLOCK, b. 06 May 1890, Pond Creek, Jackson County, Kentucky; d. 1980.
vii. ROBERT LEE MEDLOCK, b. 1903.
3. MATILDA S.10 MATLOCK (GEORGE9, JOHN WATSON8, DAVID LEE7,) was born 17 March 1824 in Tennessee., and died 17 May 1882 in Greenfield, Green Couinty, Illinois. She is buried in Rose Hill Cemetery, Greene, IL. She married EDWIN H. CALLAWAY 15 February 1854 in Greenfield , Illinois.. He was born 06 July 1828 in Kentucky, and died 02 March 1864 in Greenfield, Greene County, Illinois.
Child of MATILDA MATLOCK and EDWIN CALLAWAY is:
i. FOUR CHILDREN NOT SHOWN11 CALLAWAY.
4. WILLIAM10 MATLOCK (GEORGE9, JOHN WATSON8, DAVID LEE7, 1) was born 05 January 1830 in Virginia, and died 26 December 1906 in ...He is buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Greenfield, Illinois. He married SUSAN. She was born 24 August 1837 in Kentucky, and died 31 December 1865 in Illinois.
Notes for WILLIAM MATLOCK:
1900 MATLOCK WILLIAM Mobil Co AL Saint Elmo 161
William Matlock Head WM June 1830 70 Wd TN VA TN Farmer
Children of WILLIAM MATLOCK and SUSAN are:
i. FRANK GEORGE11 MATLOCK, b. September 1858, Illinois; d. 1929, Alabama. He is buried in the Odd Fellows Cemetery, Mobile, Mobile County Alabama; m. ELIZABETH A. LIZZIE REIL, 1885, New Mexico; b. 01 July 1860, Germany; d. 09 February 1932, Mobile, Alabama.
Notes for FRANK GEORGE MATLOCK:
1900 MATLOCK FRANK M Mobile CO AL Saint Elmo 161
Frank Matlock Head WM Sept 1858 41 M 15 years IL VA KY Carpenter
Lizzie Wife WF July 1861 38 M 4/3 GER GER GER
Mable Dau WF Dec 1886 13 S NM IL GER
Harry Son WM Aug 1888 11 S NM IL GER
Lloyd Son WM May 1889 11 S NM IL GER
ii. LAURA B. MATLOCK, b. Abt. 1861, Illinois; d. 17 May 1892.
5. THOMAS A.10 MATLOCK (GEORGE9, JOHN WATSON8, DAVID LEE7,) was born 1832 in Kentucky, and died 27 June 1898 in ...He is buried in the Mitchell Cemetery, Greenfield, Illinois.. He married MELISSETT MITCHELL 04 January 1866 in Greene County, Illinois.
Notes for THOMAS A. MATLOCK:
In 1880 this family is living in Wrightville Pct., Illinois.
More About THOMAS A. MATLOCK:
Military service: War Between the States PVT Enlisted Co. C 121st OH Inf Rgt USA 12 August 1862. Dischared for disability at Columbus Ohio on 29 March 1863.
Children of THOMAS MATLOCK and MELISSETT MITCHELL are:
i. JAMES11 MATLOCK.
ii. MARY MATLOCK, b. 1871.
iii. DALLIS MATLOCK, b. 1874.
iv. THOMAS A. MATLOCK.
v. MELISSETTE MATLOCK.