Search for content in message boards

TRICE, HARRIS, DUNSTED, LUCAS: 1800-50 Faversham/Sittingbourne

TRICE, HARRIS, DUNSTED, LUCAS: 1800-50 Faversham/Sittingbourne

Posted: 23 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Mar 2003 8:10AM GMT
Surnames: Trice, Harris, Dunsted, Lucas, Busbridge, Whitehead
I am searching for the listed surnames in the Ospringe/Faversham/Sittingbourne area of Kent years abt 1800-1850. Would appreciate the smallest of info, plus if anyone is interested will gladly e. Other surnames Busbridge/Whitehead.

Many thanks
Linda

Also Researching TRICE

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 2:27AM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2003 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Trice
HI Linda
I have tried to email you but it bounces back, i have Trice ancestors too

Vickie

Sharing TRICE Research/Info

Posted: 30 Jul 2001 7:54AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2003 12:35PM GMT
Surnames: Trice
Morning Vickie

regarding Trice connection, I'm all ears..

e mail - linda.geraghty@uniontransport.co.uk

WHITEHEAD/BUSBRIDGE Marriage: 1860 Milton/Sittingbourne

Beth Knauss (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2001 2:52AM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2003 8:12AM GMT
Surnames: Whitehead, Busbridge, Trendell
Hi Linda - I think we have communicated before. At the time I thought I was looking for a John Busbridge. Today I received a marriage certificate confirming that Elizabeth Whitehead married Thomas Busbridge Sept 2, 1860 in Milton. Thomas was 25 and a laborer, Elizabeth's age is listed as 19. The certificate confirms she is the daughter of David Whitehead as per Muriel Trendell's web pages. It was the first marriage for both. The parish was Milton next Sittingbourne.

Have you found anything more on your Busbridges to see if we connect?

Thomas & Elizabeth BUSBRIDGE Family: 1860s

Posted: 15 Aug 2001 8:55AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2003 12:35PM GMT
Surnames: Trice, Whitehead, Busbridge, Brunger, Coleman, Trice
Hello Beth long time no e - nice to hear from you.

The Busbridge's I have found from last time as follows:-

Thomas Busbridge m Elizabeth Ann Whitehead (Elizabeth is my GG grandfathers sister) - their children David James b 1861/ Ellen b 1862 m Marshall Brunger/ Anne Marie b 1865/ Thomas John b 1867/ Clara b 1868

also - am stumped on this one

Catherine Coleman m Busbridge ?

daughter - Phoebe Busbridge m 1867 Richard A Trice (Richard is my GG Uncle) Catherine had a brother Andrew, their parents/brothers/sisters ?

These I think are not connected to be, but might be of help to you.

Hope the above are of use

ttfn
Linda

Edward Busbridge m Carolina Souton in Teynham 1790
children:
Michael b 1791/ Anne b 1793/ Edward b 1794 m Catherine Paine
children: George b 1827/ Catherine b 1829/ Thomas b 1832/ William Maine b 1833/ James b 1836/ Sarah b 1837/ Jane b 1839/ Susanna b 1842/ Twins Ellen and Anna b 1844/
Edward Busbridge b 1825 m Mary Ann Fowtrell
they lived at 19 Bluid Lane in 1871 Sittingbourne
Edward was a brickmaker.

Children:
William James b 1850 m Francis Chappel children: Clara A Jemima m Albert Baker. Clara died yound as did her father William.

Edward John b 1855 m Lucy? Edward was a Master on Barge.

William H S HARRIS: bn c1831 Faversham

Posted: 9 Oct 2003 8:40PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2003 3:17AM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Hi
linda. I am researching my family name. My great/great grandfather was William Henry Sheepwash Harris born in Faversham about 1831. He was a bargeman as I believe his father before was. From the IGI his parents may have been James and Elizabeth harris but that is all I know. I am at this stage of research not aware of any connection with your tree, but ask if from your own research if you have any info or contacts that may help.
Thanks
john

Info re: HARRIS & SHEEPWASH

linda (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2003 7:39AM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2003 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Sheepwash
Hello John

All I have on bits of paper (no connection to my tree) is a William Henry Sheepwash Harris b 1831 in Faversham. Worked as a Bargeman on the "Hero" in Northfleet. Can you tell me what connection the surname Sheepwash has with the Harris's.

Many thanks
Linda

Re: Info re: HARRIS & SHEEPWASH

john harris (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2003 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Harris/Filmer/Thompson/sheepwash
Hi Linda.
Ive no idea what the sheepwash connection is at present, still trying to find out. I suspect his parents were a James and elizabeth Thompson. James parents by the IGI were john and sarah ?? (perhaps she was a sheepwash!)
The name Henry William Sheepwash Harris I have only seen as the fathers name on my grandfathers birth and marriage certificate. I too have found him on the barge Hero at Northfleet on Familysearch.org 1881 census listings, but his name there was simply William Harris. His Wife, Mary Ann Filmer was at home in Whitstable on the census night. Have you seen his full name elsewhere? Let me know
john

Interested in BUSBRIDGE - SOUTEN Lines

Dexter Boneham (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2003 5:26AM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2005 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Busbridge, Souten, Croucher, Paine, Fowtrell
Hello,
I'm also researching Busbridge and am interested in the Edward Busbridge / Caroline Souten line.
I've got some incompletely sourced information on the line from Edward / Caroline Souten, to Edward / Catherine Paine to Edward / Mary Ann Fowtrell to Edward George / Mary Ann Croucher to Mary Ann Busbridge (my GGM).

I'm particularly interested in getting supporting source references or even electronic copies of any BDM's if available.

Of course, I'm happy to share what I have.
Cheers
Dexter

Re: Thomas & Elizabeth BUSBRIDGE Family: 1860s

Posted: 7 Jan 2005 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: TRICE/BUSBRIDE/WHITEHEAD
Hi Linda

Hope this reaches you.
I have just started this family tree lark & am interested in the BUSBRIDGE/TRICE/WHITEHEAD connection.I am so pleased to find this message as I thought I had gone wrong somewhere, but maybe not.

I am also interested in the TRICE/KEMSLEY connection (1871 census), however I must get some sleep now and will look at this again on Sunday morning when I have more time.

If you get this message could you acknowlege?

Many thanks

Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.