Ishom Yount s/o Benjamin Yount and Rebecca Elder; born March 10, 1809 in Shelby Co., KY, died March 14, 1881 in Vienna Twp., Scott Co., Indiana. Buried in the Cravens Cemetery. He married Elizabeth Spiller on June 3, 1830 in Scott Co., Indiana. She was born 1810 in Scott Co., died January 8, 1855 in Scott Co. She is buried Estil Cemetery.
Her father was Thomas J. Spiller. His second wife was mary Polly Crosby, md. Jan. 16, 1856. She was born 1814 and died Dec. 28, 1891 and is buried at Cravens Cemetery. Their children:
1. Mary E.,born Feb. 28, 1831, d. May 10, 1911
she married Sylvester Long and is buried at Zoah Cemetery
Scott Co., Indiana
2. Rebecca Jane, b. 1833 she married John Long he served in the Civil War..Co. H, 22nd Indiana Vol.
3. Andrew Jackson, b. 1834, d. April 12 1861, he was thrown from a train by robbers and killed.
4. Silas, b. March 17, 1835 in Clark Co., Indiana and d. April 15, 1915 in Illinois...md. Sarah Jane Rayhill children: Nora, John, Isom, Maude, Effie, Silas Jr., Paul and Sarah.
5. James Madison, b. Dec. 25, 1836, d. April 29, 1901. He married Indiana "Annie" Brooks. She was born Jan. 28, 1857 Spencer Co., Indiana and d. April 24, 1944 in Indianapolis.
Her parents were Rev. Thomas Brooks and Armillia Childeis.
Thei children: Estelle, Etta, Cecil, Carrie, Hattie, Edna.
6. Dennis, Served in the Civil War. Co., K, 66th Indiana Vol. Inf. Buried in the Swope Cemetery.