Search for content in message boards

Athens Co. Lonas/Lones

Athens Co. Lonas/Lones

Lisa Harper (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2006 4:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LONAS/LONES
Can anyone help me find David LONAS/LONES b. about 1850/51 in Ohio. Married Mary OSBORN b. about 1852 in Ohio. I only know that David's father was born in NY and his mother in OH. David and Mary lived around Athens Co ohio and had 11 children: one of which was my great grandfather Pearl. Other Children were John, Charley, Edward, William, Delbert, Ethel, Eva, Nancy, Lucy and Raymond Bert. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone. If so please contact me.Thank you Lisa Harper

Re: Athens Co. Lonas/Lones

Posted: 20 Aug 2006 4:07AM GMT
Lisa,
Pearl Layfattee Lones is also my Great Grandfather. My Grandfather was Ralph Dale Lones. Our G.Great Grandmother is Rachel Lones. I have not been able to find Davids father name. If you find any info or would like to talk about this please e-mail me.
Kevin Lones

Posted: 20 Nov 2006 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Lonas Lones Lonis Lohnus
Hi,
From Everything that I have read, David's Father was John Lonas/Lonis born in NY and moved to SE Ohio. He married Rachel Dailey from Meigs Co. Ohio. He died in 1863/1864 in a Confederate Prison after being captured at the Battle of Chickamauga. I am descended from David's brother Joseph Augustus Lonas. I was born in SE Ohio but now live in TN. I would love to compare notes. I did some research on the Lonas Family last year as a gift for a cousin's 30th birthday.

Scott Phillips

Posted: 25 May 2007 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: Lones, Weaver
I am a distant relative of yours. We are related thru Jessie Weaver Lones. My grandmother, Ethel Weaver, was Jessie's sister. I have a little info on the Weavers-we could compare notes.

Sincerely,
Cbenz46

Posted: 28 Jun 2007 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: Weaver
I also have a little Weaver information. You can contact me at lis82125@yahoo.com

sincerly
Lisa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.