Search for content in message boards

Konopka Family

Konopka Family

Simon Papendick - Konopka (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Konopka
Hi everbody,
I am looking for any Konopka`s from east Prussia and where they may be now. I would like it if any one can help me track down where the birth and death records for my family are
Many thanks

Simon

Re: Konopka Family

Lorraine Wayland (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2004 10:35PM GMT
Surnames: Konopka, Chudaska, Sokoll
My family is from Zawoyken and Williamshof which have different present day names. Area is Ortelsburg. Please respond if there might be a match with your family. thanks, Lorraine

Posted: 19 Oct 2011 5:40AM GMT
Hi,
I realize you wrote this many years ago, but I too am researching my Konopka family. I believe they came from East Prussia. My great grandfather's name was Bartholomew Konopka. He settled in Minnesota with his wife Francis.

Posted: 19 Oct 2011 8:26AM GMT
Surnames: konopka
Hi,

My family who came from East Prussia, came from Zollerndorf in the South East Part of East Prussia. My Grandfather Name was Frierdich Karl Walter Konopka & My Grandmother Name was Tundie Gardlo. My Grandmother was the person who was Zollerndorf & my Grandfather moved to the area and married and settled in the area. However, I do not know were he was born or what area he came from. So any information you could help me with with be very helpful.

Regards
Simon Papendick (Konopka)

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 5:46PM GMT
Hi,
I don't think I can help you. My great grandfather was Bartholomew Konopka and his wife was Frances Marschowka. They immigrated to Minnesota in about 1881. On one census record they said they were from Austria, Poland. Yet, my grandfather always claimed his father was from Prussia. They settled in Ward 4, Winona, Minnesota.
. I read that the majority of Polish immigrants who settled there were from the territory in Poland that Prussia eventually occupied. I also read that part of Poland was also occupied by Austria. I am confused about where their origin was.
Judy Zaczkowski

Posted: 21 Oct 2011 6:29AM GMT
Surnames: Konopka
Hi Judy,
The konopka's were spread over a great deal of that area of Europe. Although it appears our two families are not related I will let you know about the misunderstanding about what is down on the Census. At the time when your family left that area of Europe, the map of the countries of Europe was very different, Poland, The Prussian Emprie & the Austia - Hugarian Empires were different sizes and shape to where their borders are today. The major countries in that part of europe at that time were Prussia & Austria -Hungary. The nation of Poland appears to get larger & smaller throughout this period of history & one minute you could be said to be a Polish person & the next Prussian.
It is like my father he was born in Zollerndorf in the south which is now Poland & lived in the Capital Konigsberg until he & his family left in 1945, which is now Russian.

Regards

Simon Papendick (Konopka)

Posted: 21 Oct 2011 8:05AM GMT
Hi Lorraine,

My family from around the same area but not the same villages as your family. do you have any other names of family relatives who lived in the surrounding area. My Grandfather name was Friedrich Karl Walter Konopka. But I do not have any other records around any other family members. But I was told by my grandmother for hudband did have a brothers, but I did not get given their names and my grandmother passed away many years ago now. My father was only a young boy at the time and does not remember their names.

Regards

Simon Papendick

Posted: 22 Oct 2011 12:06AM GMT
Hi Simon,
Thank you. I've been trying to read about the history of Poland and getting very confused. I don't know if I will ever know what villages they came from.
Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.