Search for content in message boards

MAGOON

Posted: 23 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 2:53AM GMT
Looking for information about the Magoon family of Stanstead,Que. and surrounding areas of the Eastern Townships.

Re: MAGOON

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 1:29PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2003 9:18PM GMT
Surnames: Magoon, Kelley
Hello,

I am researching in the same area of Quebec. I have at present time the film of the Baptist church records of Bolton Twp. Stanstead, Quebec and there are a lot of Magoon's listed. I believe there is a connectioin between my Elliott family and the Magoon family. What Magoon names are you searching and what time period?

Jan Stillin (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2003 1:44AM GMT
Hi Pat, Just got home from a week in Florida. I found your response to my Magoon Inquiry. The names that I am looking for are: Henry Magoon 1635 and Elizabeth Lisson Alexander Magoon 1661 and Sarah Blake Samuel Magoon 1691 and Abigail Wadleigh Alexander Magoon 1725 and Elizabeth Leavitt Dudley Magoon 1785 and Nancy Smith Dudley Magoon 1793 and Lucy Tisseau Dudley W. Magoon 1817 and Stratira Heath Alonzo Charles Magoon 1842 and Eleanore Alice Crosby Edith Louise Magoon 1873 and John W. Ellis These are the main ones that I am looking for, but I have a long list of other Magoon's. How are you connected to them? I would love to have the information that you have about them from the Baptist church. Maybe I have some information that will help you too. Please let me know. Jan

Marlene Domstead (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2003 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: Place, Camber, Sisco, Judd, Magoon, Elliott, Data
Hi, My great great grandmother was Hannah Elliott, she married David Magoon 5 Oct 1820, in Stanstead, Que. I have NOTHING on the Elliott family. I would appreciate any data you might have on her and the Elliott line.
Regards, Marlene

jan stillin (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2003 2:51AM GMT
Hi Marlene, I have a Mary Jane Elliott listed as wife #2 to Alonzo Orlando Crosby. He had been married to Cynthia B. Cleveland and when she died he married Mary Jane Elliott. I have a picture of her and the family that they had. It was a big one. My relative was Orlando and Cynthia's first daughter Eleanore Alice Crosby. Mary Jane Elliott: b. 9 Aug. 1833 d, 1908 B. in Doak Cemetery in Compton, Que. She and Alonzo were married 26 June 1855 in the Universalist Church (Records for Ascot) If you contact Shirley Haseltine Patton @ bwp13@abacom.com she would be able to give you more information. She and her husband Gerald are the care takers for the Doak Cemetery. They are so nice. They have written a book on the Moe's River, Quebec area. They have oodles of information and history of the area. Please tell them that Dan and Jan Stillin gave you their names. Let me know if you need more help. Jan

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: CROSBY, ELLIOTT, MAGOON
Marlene,

Hannah ELLIOTT (1803-1888) who married David MAGOON was the sister of John Dodge(1808-1878) and Olive (1800-). Their parents were John and Elsie DODGE ELLIOTT. John ELLIOTT's parents were Sumner (1748-1814) and Cecily FAGAN (1757-1836) - they both died in Coos NH.

Olive (my GGG Aunt) married Jeremiah MAGOON - maybe - but I am only guessing a brother to David???

I do have more information on the John and Elsie DODGE ELLIOTT (my GGG Grandparents) descendants. Their son John Dodge ELLIOTT married Mary LEACH (my GG Grandparents). Their daughter - Mary Jane ELLIOTT married Alonzo Orlando CROSBY my Great Grandparents.

Hannah ELLIOTT MAGOON is my GGG Aunt - so we are probably some kind of cousins.

I would be interested in your information on the ELLIOTT and MAGOON families.

Ann Crosby

Posted: 6 Aug 2003 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: MAGOON, ELLIOTT
I find listed in 'The History of Satanstead...', complied by Hubbard, p 241:
Children of David and Hannah ELLIOTT MAGOON - John, Dennis, Chester and George.
I would be interested in information you might have about the descendants of these children.
I find Hannah in the 1881 census living with John who is 58 and his family.
Hannah is my GGG Aunt.

Posted: 6 Aug 2003 2:13AM GMT
Please correct the following for Sumner and Cecily FAGAN ELLIOTT:
Sumner 1749/50--15 May 1802
Cecily 4 May 1757-21 Aug 1824
They did NOT die in Coos NH.
Sorry about the incorrect information.
Ann

Terri (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2006 4:27PM GMT
Surnames: Elliott, Magoon, Davis, Whipple, Gillen
Olive (Elliot) Magoon is my gggrandmother.

I would really appreciate information on these ancestors as well.

I don't have a lot to offer on them but I do on their descendants.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Posted: 6 Dec 2006 9:32PM GMT
Surnames: MAGOON
The History of Stanstead Quebec by B. F. HUBBARD has 2 MAGOON families listed FAMILY OF JONATHAN MAGOON, FAMILY OF ALEXANDER MAGOON(Pages 240-1), as well as individual MAGOON's. If you don't have a copy of this invaluable book, the URL for the website for this book online is on this board. You will have to search for it.

You really need to try to be more specific in your posts because there were quite a lot of MAGOON's living in the area.

I have some Stanstead County MAGOON's on my website. See URL below. Good luck!

Jacqueline Sleeper Russell

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SRCH&...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.