Search for content in message boards

Jewish Jacobsons of Latvia

Jewish Jacobsons of Latvia

Posted: 7 Jul 2003 4:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
My family came from Libau,Latvia in the late 1890's. They settled in NY, Michigan and Ohio. The family names are Jacobson, Brandenburg,Glaser, Blumberg. My great grandfather was HIRSCH JACOBSON, married to Blume Rose. There are several branches of this family that I am presently researching. - the families of Wulf, Pesse, Feige and Beile are of particular interest to me.I have done extensive research on their other 5 children already.

Re: Jewish Jacobsons of Latvia

Posted: 1 Aug 2003 6:05PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2006 12:13PM GMT
Surnames: Jacobson
My grandfather was Joseph Jacobson. We know little about him (he died when my mother was young). He was married to my grandmother, Celia Luban. His siblings were named George, Hazel, Florence (had two sons, Everett and Morton) and Lena (married into a Kaufman family). They all lived in New York City except Joseph who moved to California, where he died.

I am trying to find this New York Jacobson family. We think they may have been from Germany, but since the Luban family (my grandmother's line) came from Latvia, it is quite possible that the Jacobson line also came from Latvia.

I'd love to find the New York Jacobsons I am related to since I now live in New York. It seems a shame to be so close to these relatives but not have any way to contact them.

Posted: 1 Aug 2003 7:49PM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2005 7:58PM GMT
Dear David - I'm sorry, but your information does not seem to fit into my family.If you ever find out the names of the ancestors back a generation, please contact me again.
Best regards,
Anne Jacobson

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 8:44PM GMT
Surnames: Jacobson, Hirsch, Nathanson
Hirsch Brenner born 1782, died 1834 is my great-great grandfather. i am woking on the family tree and any information would be of interest. Hirsch's son Binyamin or Benjamin was my great grandfather.

Posted: 6 Mar 2009 1:33AM GMT
Surnames: Jacobson
Hi - I don't know of your Hirsch Brenner, however i do have a Hirsch Brenner who was born in 1844. His father was Abraham Kolonymus Halevi. What town in Latvia are your ancestors from?
Anne

Posted: 6 Mar 2009 2:47PM GMT
thanks. My Hirsch Brenner died around 1834 and I don't know the father. However, my family came from Riga or Courland. I do know that Hirsch's son was Binyamin or Benjamin.

Posted: 13 Mar 2009 1:55AM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2009 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: jacobson, breener, nathanson
I do have another Hirsch Breener in my family who was born jun 15, 1850 but his parents are Benjamin Brenner and Gittel Nathanson. does that sound familiar?

Posted: 13 Mar 2009 4:39PM GMT
No, that does not sound like it is from my family

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 5:23PM GMT
My grandfather, Nicholas Jacobson, came from Latvia around 1900 (at the age of 12) and settled in Cincinnati before moving to Los Angeles around 1930. Does that connect with any of your research?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.