Search for content in message boards

CHEROKEE BLOOD

CHEROKEE BLOOD

Posted: 6 Sep 2000 6:18PM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2003 8:39AM GMT
I am curious about all this Indian blood. I come from Elijah Maddox, then Richard V. Maddox and then Nancy Maddox. We have a person in our family that also has said Nancy Maddox was full-blooded Cherokee. Even had a big write up in the newspaper on a story. What I want to know is, where is the proof. In my research I have come across all kinds of stories, some true, but most not. My Maddox comes from VA, TN, IL. I even have a picture of her and the last thing she looks like is Cherokee, more Irish and Welsh. It seems if you are a Maddox - you are Native American. I have read emails from TX, OK, KY, IL etc........ If anyone has any proof, please share. I have exhausted my resources trying to track down an alleged family story. Good luck to all

Indian blood

Eve Yarbrough (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 11:24AM GMT
Hi ~ My gr-gr-grandmother was Eugenia Mildred Maddox from Milton County, GA. One of her sisters was a Nancy. The story goes through the family that there was Cherokee Indian blood in this family but no one any more. My gr-grandmother looked as if she could have been full blooded Indian. We have been trying to track this down, but to no avail. I am interested in finding out anything about this. Also, contacting any other descendents from this line of the family.

Indian Blood

Posted: 10 Sep 2000 11:29AM GMT
Sorry, not the same lineage. My Nancy's family came from VA, to TN, to IL. Maybe it is your family line that my second cousin mistook for ours and told everyone our Nancy was full-blooded Cherokee. Thanks for the information

Maddox/Indian

Lynda SueMaddox Williams (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 2:34PM GMT
I was born in Jackson MS October 13, 1949. My great grandfather was named Matthew Moses Maddox and his wife was an Indian woman named Lucy Saul(sp). They had children named Otis, Jim and Irma. and I don't remember the others, if any.

Maddox/Indian

Posted: 16 Sep 2000 9:09PM GMT
Thank you for the information, but not my tree. Maybe you could tell me how you went about getting proof your ggrandmother was Indian. I know there always seem to be stories that someone was Indian, but it's another story proving it. Would appreciate any information you have that established the validity of your g grandmothers Indian heritage for my search. Thanks

genealogy

ronnie maddox (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 5:26PM GMT
i am a novice trying to track my ancestory
my grandmother luls maddox was half or 3/4
cherrokee there is a book somewhere with maddox family tied in spinwell family tree
just thought i would reply to your message
thanks

Family Bible

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 9:32AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2001 9:20PM GMT
There is somewhere, we don't know where, a Maddox Family Bible located in Butts County Georgia.
Anyone with info on this please let me know. Thanks
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 9:57AM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2006 5:39PM GMT
my grand mother was jewell maddox(married robert henderson williams) from magee ms. her mother was celia ann (rankin) maddox.her father was r.m. maddox and his father was james h. maddox who was married to jane giles. james's father was m.m. maddox and that is as far as i get. if you could help any please e-mail me at trojanraider73@hotmail.com thanx.

Maddox - MS

Posted: 12 Dec 2000 6:01AM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2003 12:48PM GMT
Lynda a lot of the info in your post sounds familar. I can't access my database right now since I'm in Moscow. But when I get home next week I'll look. My email address is mlittle@prodigy.net

Re: Indian Blood

Posted: 28 Jun 2001 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Maddux
Was just looking through message board and noticed your post. Was your Nancy b. Oct. 26, 1850, who married Thomas Jonas Moon? Father, Adam Maddux, mother MaryAnn (Polly) Cambell? Nancy is buried at Magazine, Ark.
Or, could she be a daughter to John Campbell Maddux and Mary Elizabeth Moon Maddux?
Would love to hear from you.
Marcia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.