Search for content in message boards

George Ramsom Ponder / Great-GrandFather

George Ramsom Ponder / Great-GrandFather

Posted: 31 Jul 2002 12:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Just getting started with Family Heritage on Ponder...my great-grandfather was George Ramsom Ponder..I have some info....he was married to Maggie West...they had 4 boys & 4 girls...which Emma was my grandmother....he also had a brother A.F. Ponder who lived in Hope, Ark.& a 1/2 brother, Oscar West of Fort Worth, Texas. Can anyone relate with this family heritage?

Also, I have a letter that has 135 years of legacy that I would like to share. The letter is from George Ramsom sister...the return address is C.E. Dickey 3815 Oakland Ave. Dallas, Tx.
Posted marked Jan. 25, 1937...she must had been about 70 when this 13 page letter was written...it is 65 years old...She talks about Robert Wesley...Uncle Alexander Edwards, Charley Ponder, his father Ramsom and about Wesley ( this be a son getting him a bride). It closes.."With much love your sister."

Does anyone have any connection with this family, I would like to share info. gardenlady51us@yahoo.com

Thanks
Emily

Re: George Ramsom Ponder / Great-GrandFather

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Never give up on researching your Family. I posted this message about a letter written to my Great-Grandfather over 10 years ago. Never made any connections, etc. Thank goodness for the 1940 census, as I know more about this letter written over 75 years ago.

C. E. Dickey is: Celia Emma "Emily" Dickey. Fact One: she is listed in the 1940 US Census in Dallas County, Texas (Cely Emma Dickey, resident 3815 Oakland Ave). Fact Two: Carol Moore has created a Memorial on Find-A-Grave for (Celia Emily Dickey, residence, 3815 Oakland).

If anyone is related and would like to know more about the letter, you may reply to the message board on Ancestry or on Find-A-Grave. As User name and email in precious posting is not correct.

Regards,
Emily
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.