Search for content in message boards

Melton relatives

Melton relatives

Posted: 5 May 2000 7:53PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2002 2:47AM GMT
Searching for information on Calistus Melton who married Elizabeth Norris both were born in 1799 in Kentucky, there son George Washingtion Melton,whose son George Matthew Melton was my Great Grandfather who died in Arkansas in 1924 Help

MELTON

Renee Gonser (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2000 6:14AM GMT
My graetgrandfathers name was Leonard Melton married to Ava Jenkins lived around Marmaduke Ark. @ early 1900's . Any info. or help is needed,this is all I know of them.

MELTONS OF KY

SANDRA (ASHER) TILLER (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2000 5:51PM GMT
HI MY MOTHER WAS A MELTON, BERTHA LOU MELTON b.1926 D/O ALEXANDER MELTON B.1889/90 M. MAUDE BALL B. 1892 (THEY LIVED IN MANCHESTER, CLAY CO., KY. ON LAURAL CREEK) SON OF GEORGE WASINGTON MELTON B.8/31/1865 M. LOU; CHILDREN I KNOW OF WERE MARY BIRTH UNKNOWN , ALEXANDER B. 1889/90, HUGHIE B. 1891, SHABY B. 1895, BITHA DELONA B.4/4/1900, CHESTER 4/4/1900 (MUST BE TWINS) , DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ALEXANDER OR ANY OF THESE PEOPLE? ARE ANY OF THESE NAMES FAMILIAR TO YOU. GEORGE WASHINGTON S/O MATHIAS (TICE) MELTON B.1838 M. REBECCA "BECKY" GRUBB , MATHIAS S/O WILLIAM MELTON B. 1806 M. MALVINA (VINEY) PETERS B.1808 THEUR CHILDREN WERE: SARAH MELTON B. 1831 M. STEPHEN ROBERTSON, JOHN "BALDY" MELTON B. 1834 M. ELIZABETH ROBINSON, MATHIAS B. 1838 M. REBECCA GRUBB, CATHERINE MELTON B. 1841 M. LEVI COLLINS, MARGARET MELTON B 1842, WILLIAM, JR. MELTON B. 1844 M. ELIZABETH BOWMAN, GEORGE MELTON B.1846 , LUCINDA MELTON B. 2/15/1850 M ALEXANDER CLARKSTON, MALVINA MELTON B. 10/23/1858 M. JOHN M. "CASH" HENSLEY. SANDY

Leonard Melton

Posted: 22 May 2000 2:08AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2003 2:38AM GMT
Was your Leonard from Texas? I have a greatuncle named Leonard, do you know his mother or fathers name? good luck! Doris

William Melton Malvina Peters

MILTON/MELTON POT (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2000 5:23PM GMT
I know this line. Would you like to be placed on the William Melton Malvina Peters Researchers List? If so, please contact me. I also have some additional info on this line.

Editor of the
MILTON/MELTON POT
QUARTERLY
Nancy Pratt Melton
mmelton@mail2.quiknet.com
http://www.geocities.com/npmelton

leonard melton

renee fuller (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2000 7:07PM GMT
I wish I knew. all I have is his wife childrens names and he lived in Marmaduke Ark. early 1900's. Sorry I have no more
info. Renee

??? what is a milton/melton pot

n j melton (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2000 8:53AM GMT
hello there my name is nicholas,john melton,and i just love being a melton,don,t you ?

MILTON/MELTON POT

MILTON/MELTON POT (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2000 1:02PM GMT
Hello,

The MILTON/MELTON POT QUARTERLY was established by Margie Gray in 1980. I took it over in 1985. It is a newsletter that shares the research gleanings that the Milton/Melton Community has sent into the 'Pot'. Four times a year the newsletter has research from various states with the contributors source and name and address. There are copies of original documents, photos, census, bios, wills, letters, family bibles, deeds, birth,death and marriage records. It is hoped that this will enable researchers to get past the redundant research and have time and resources to find new materials.

I search the 'Pot' archives library free of charge. I don't do this to make a profit, I do it to help the Milton/Melton Research Community. I have also obtained large amounts of data from researchers who have passed away and wanted to make sure that their work was not lost and to ensure that their work is shared with others for generations to come.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please contact me at:

Nancy Pratt Melton
mmelton@mail2.quiknet.com
http://www.geocities.com/npmelton

willii melton

willie melton (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2000 9:31PM GMT
I'm looking for anybody who knew Willie Melton he was born 1901 and died 1999 he left home at and young age . He said he was born in Charlotte Nc and moved to Augusta Ga and his mother name Hettie and father named Archie brother ,Clifton, Robert, Sug, and Zeck, and had a sister named Minnie who died at a early age. If anybody can help please do we know nobody on my father side Thank You

Re: William Melton Malvina Peters

CarlynMills (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2002 1:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Nancy I want to correct you on the name Malvina. It is Lavinea according to their 1828 marriage licence.She was born in Virginia, possibly Scott co. He was born 1805-06 in Fayette co Ky. I'm trudging along but haven't made much headway. I always suspected that William was an apprentice to the shoemaking trade that ran away and was the son of a Thomas Melton in Fayette Co Ky. Its only a theory and remains to be proven.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.