Search for content in message boards

McKeown/McEwans County Fermanagh to Scotland

McKeown/McEwans County Fermanagh to Scotland

J. McEwan (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2003 1:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information on Bartholomew McKeown/McEwan born Fermanagh c1820. Father: James; mother: Ann O'Neil. Barthlolomew married Ann Telison/Tillotson, Lanarkshire, Scotland 1854. Ann Died 1864. Three known children. One son, William also had a son named Bartholomew. First Bartholomew died Coatbridge, Scotland 1891.

Re: McKeown/McEwans County Fermanagh to Scotland

Sam Logan (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2003 2:29PM GMT
My great great grandfather was Bartholomew Mckeown, he had a son named Bartholomew and another named William.
William Mckeown was my great grandfather.
>
According to Williams death certificate his mothers name was Ann Taylison ? (as this was hand written the surname is difficult to make out.)
>
William had 5 sons , one named Bartholomew , who was born in Coatbridge in 1891.There was only one girl , Annie , my grandmother , born in Coatbridge in 1895.
>
William also inherited 2 stepsons when he married.
>
I hope that we are of the same family and can share info.

Sam.

J. McEwan (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2003 11:54AM GMT
Hi Sam,
Yes this is the same family. Please contact me at swinister@hotmail.com I have quite a lot of info and certificates I can give you. Hopefully you can reciprocate.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers,
Jim

Posted: 26 Aug 2009 7:23PM GMT
Hi, just came across this post as I am looking for this family for a friend, his grandfather was William Mckeown, whos father was Bartholomew Mckeown married to Catherine Doyle, his father was William McKeown married to Agnes Scott who already had a few children when she married William. Williams father was Bartholomew wife Ann Taylison or Telison. I have the 1881 census on Agnes Scott before she married William, 1891 census on William and Agnes, family also the 1901 census, marriage cert of William and Agnes, Would love to hear from you if you have any additional information.

best regards
Kate

Posted: 27 Aug 2009 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: McKeown
Hi,

My interest is in your Bartholomew from Fermanagh and trying to find a family connection with my g.g.grandfather, Matthew McKeon/McEwan, whose father was also called Bartholomew. Matthew moved from Roscommon to Lanarkshire in the 1840's and, curiously, Matthew and your Bartholomew were living literally next door to each other at Rosehall Colliery when their respective children were born. Incidentally, your Bartholomew's parents were James McKeown and Ann O'Neil. Ann Taylison, who came from Durham, England, was the daughter of Jonathon Taylison and Mary Harrison.

Posted: 27 Aug 2009 7:53PM GMT
Hi,
Agnes Scott nee Shovelin was my great grandmother .
My grandmother (Agnes daughter) was Annie McKeown. I am away from home at the moment but will contact you again when I have access to my tree.

Sam

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 10:54PM GMT
Catherine DOYLE's older brother Daniel was my grandfather. Maybe we can exchange info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.