Search for content in message boards

Mock line for grandmother Emma Lucille in Forsyth Co, NC

Mock line for grandmother Emma Lucille in Forsyth Co, NC

Debra Buck (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2003 3:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mocks related to Emma Lucille Mock in Forsyth Co. NC
I am trying to track down the family tree for my grandmother, both mother and father's line.

My Grandmother was Emma Lucille Mock b. 1894? d. 1983 (Married my grandfather, John Dee Blake--BEF.1917.)

Her Parents were
**William F. Mock b. 1860
Amanda b. 1866
(maiden name Stuart ? or Stewart?)

Other children in family
Oscar W b 1885
Russell b 1887
Frederick H. b. 1891
Dewey b 1898

**Regarding William F. --
Mother's name was Lucy b. 1825 (1880 census shows her as widowed...can't find husband's name)
Brother's name was Phillip T. b. 1856

If memory serves me right, her mother died and her father remarried and had more children. (Ralph and Robie Mock?)

Is anyone familiar with this line of Mock's. Are you related ? Can you help me fill in the blanks ???

Any help would be appreciated.

Debra Blake Buck

Re: Mock line for grandmother Emma Lucille in Forsyth Co, NC

Karen Krich (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2003 5:38PM GMT
Dear Debra,

There are many people who research MOCKs in North Carolina. Look at http://mock.rootsweb.com and if you desire subscribe to the MOCK-GEN-L list and you'll likely get responses.

In the meantime, check out http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~mock/19a.html

On this working chart of Barbara Dittig's, I think you'll find that your Lucy is likely to be the wife of John MOCK with her maiden name reported to be FISHER. This is entry 1.3.9.2 on this chart. There is no son Willliam F listed but there is a son Philip born 1857 which coincides with other information you provided. These charts are incomplete so this seems to be a good starting point for you.

As you'll see, these charts go back several generations. I do not research the North Carolina MOCKs but I have looked into the claim that Johannes of Reading, Pennsylvania is the progenitor of these North Carolina MOCKs and the evidence is circumstantial and there are facts that point against this claim.

I have not personally researched any of the later generations but my understanding is that the North Carolina MOCK information is well documented. Hopefully your branch will insert into this tree.

Good luck,
Karen in Pennsylvania

Re: Mock line for grandmother Emma Lucille in Forsyth Co, NC

Debra Blake Buck (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2003 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: mock
I sent out the above message back in April but my E mail address has changed since then....Please take note if anyone should have any information or connections to the Emma Lucille Mock noted above

Mock - Fisher - Blake - Stewart - Brewer Line in Forsyth Co., NC

Posted: 7 May 2012 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Mock, Fisher, Stewart, Brewer, Blake
John Mock was born c1822 in probaby Davidson County, North Carolina. John married Lucy Fisher (1825-1903) on 05 Oct 1852. In 1860 John (a blacksmith), Lucy and son Philip Wesley Mock (1857-1948) were living at South Fork Township, Forsyth County, North Carolina. John disappeared etween the time of the 1860 and 1870 censuses, he possibly or even probably died during the Civil War.

In 1870 Lucy, her son Philip Wesley Mock and her second son, William Francis Mock Sr. (1860-1937) were living with the James Charles family at the Broadbay Township, Forsyth County, North Carolina. Lucy with her two sons were still living at Forsyth County in 1880. The son Philip Wesley Mock married Lula (Lulu?) D. Smith (1868-1945) on 20 Oct 1885 at Forsyth Co., NC and had three children, two that died young.

William Francis Mock, a brick mason, married first to Amanda J. Stewart (1866-1902) on 18 Dec 1884 at Forsyth Co., NC. William and Amanda had six known children:

1. W. Oscar Mock (1885-1947)
2. Russell Laurel Mock (1887-1941)
3. Robah Mock (1890-1890)
4. Frederick Harrell Mock Sr. (1891-1932)
5. Emma Lucille Mock Blake (1894-1983)
6. Dewey Philip Mock (1898-1981)

After Amanda died, William remarried to Stella May Brewer (1882-1958) on 30 Jan 1905 at Forsyth Co,. NC and had an additional five children, one that died young:

7. unknown Mock (???-young)
8. Ralph E. Mock (1909-1999)
9. William Francis Mock Jr. (1913-1960)
10. Bernice Mock (1914-???)
11. Robah J. Mock (1917-1999)

I have lots more information on the family as I am working on a huge Mock famiy tree.

Dan Stevenson
San Diego, California

Re: Mock - Fisher - Blake - Stewart - Brewer Line in Forsyth Co., NC

Posted: 2 Sep 2013 4:45PM GMT
Surnames: Mock / Stewart / Blake
Dan,

If you are still researching the Mock line, you may or not be able to assist me. Regarding Amanda Stewart who married John Mock. These are my great grandparents. Can you provide any information or referrals regarding Amanda's side of the family ? I am having trouble tracing her back to her parents. I thought her father's name was Addison but the Addison's i have found don't seem to match the other info I do have. I am wondering if the parents died young and she lived with another family. I found an Amanda Stewart living with a Thomas family but I can't be sure it is the same person. Thank You ....Debra B, North Carolina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.