Search for content in message boards

Hoskins/George/Dearduff Reunion

Hoskins/George/Dearduff Reunion

James R. New (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoskins, Alexander, Brown, Craig, Dearduff, Fraiser, George, Hood, Roe
Come be a part of the George-Dearduff-Hoskins Renuion on 29 May 1999 from 9:00 a.m. till ??? at the Lockhart State Park in Lockhart, Texas. It will be Pot Luck but bring pictures, stories, memories, etc.

Bevy Hoskins of Bastrop was son of John Tyler Hoskins. Pinkie L. Hoskins Pearson (sister of Bevy) was my 2g grandmother, so all you Smithville/Bastrop Hoskins plan to meet us.

Elizabeth Dearduff b. about 1803, Bedford Co, Va., (daughter of Henry Deardorff and Edna Thornhill) m. (1) 28 Feb 1821, in Zenia, Greene Co, Oh, James William George, b. 1802, Virginia, (son of William George and Elizabeth Bland) d. 06 Mar 1836, The battle of the Alamo., m. (2) Frederick Rowe, m. (3) 21 Jan 1841, in Gonzalez, Tx, Thomas Hoskins, b. about 1805, Va., d. after 1858, buried: Cedar Creek, Tx, ca. Wannabarger Cemetery. Elizabeth died Jan 1854, buried: Lockhart, Tx, City Cemetery (Unmarked).
Children by James William George:
2. i Mary Jane George b. 1822 , m. 27 May 1839, in Gonzales Co, Tx., John W. Craig.
3. ii Margaret George b. 16 Jan 1826 , m. (1) 20 Sep 1844, in Gonzales Co, Tx, Simon J. Fraiser,, m. (2) 30 Dec 1852, in Caldwel Co, Tx, Charles Hood.
4. iii Rachel George b. 15 Aug 1828 , m. 10 Apr 1848, in Caldwell Co, Tx, James Brown..

iv Henry George b. about 1831, DeWitt Colony, Tx, d. 15 Dec 1853, buried: Lockhart, Tx, Lockhart City Cemetery (unmarked).

v James Joseph George b. 1833, Gonzales Co, Tx, d. yes, in childhood.
5. vi Matilda G. George b. 1834 , m. 20 May 1852, in Caldwell Co, Tx., Joseph Alexander, Jr.
Children by Frederick Rowe:

vii Elizabeth R. Rowe b. about 1839, m. Joel Carter, b. 04 Jul 1831, d. 21 Feb 1882, buried: Bunton Cemetery, Dale, Caldwell Co, Tx. Elizabeth died Jan 1882, buried: Dale, Tx., Bunton Cemetery.
Children by Thomas Hoskins:
6. viii Sarah A. Hoskins b. 03 Oct 1841 , m. 29 Oct 1866, in Bastrop Co (A-290), Joseph Hemphill.
7. ix John Tyler Hoskins b. 03 Aug 1845 , m. 20 Nov 1866, Mary Elizabeth Donnell.

George Sir Name

Posted: 24 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2003 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: George, Jordan, Bradshaw, Bowers, Awalt, Scarborough
Do you have any information on Alfred George born 1845 in Iowa?His daughter Jenny Lee George born 1881 married William Fleming Jordan.Jenny Lee was the mother of Mildred Jordan my husband's Mother.Mildred was born in 1912 she married Orbie Bradshaw.Orbie was the grandson of James Henry Bradshaw who was born in Red Rock,Bastrop County,Texas.James Henry married Minnie Ann Bowers.They raised 14 children at Calf Creek,Tx. Their oldest son William Thomas Bradshaw married Clementine Awalt.This is Orbie's Mother and Father.James Henry's father came to Bastrop County,Tx. from Arkansas shortly after the Civil War with the Awalt Family.
Clementine Awalt's parents were George Awalt and Mary Emma Scarborough of Bastrop County,Texas.Any information on any of these families would be greatly appreciated.

Awalt

Nancy Awalt Rodriguez (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Awalt
I am Awalt from Jacob Samuel, George Jr., and George Sr.,. When did the Awalts come to Texas after the Civil War? and why Bastrop, Texas? Would appreciate any info you have. My grandfather, Henry was born in Indian Territory, OK in 1903 so after they came to Texas some went back to Indian Territory where Nancy Sallie Rhoades was from originally. I am trying to track all their moves. THANKS!!
Nancy

Nancy Rhoades

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2003 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Rhoades, Bradshaw, Awalt
Nancy Rhoades married Samuel Bradshaw Dec. 1804 in Davidson County, Tennessee. This is my Husbands gr gr gr gr Grandparents. Descendants of this family moved from Tennessee to Arkansas to Bastrop County, Texas. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Have limited Rhoades information. Willing to share all information.

More info on Nancy Rhoades

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2002 2:00AM GMT
Surnames: Awalt and Rhoades
Bastrop County: Rhoades and Awalts. Nancy, You appear to have some information on Nancy Rhoades's history. Could you be more specific with dates and places, if possible? Thanks.

Awalt/Rhoades

Nancy Awalt Rodriguez (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Awalt, Rhoades, Bradshaw
Sandi, This relates to the Awalts in Bastrop & Nueces Counties in Texas. I have none of this documented and have gathered it thru various sources, among them the Bradshaws that responded to this also. The familysearch.org website under the pedigree charts lists Sallie Nancy Rhoades or Rhodes as being born before 1793 in Davidson County, Tennessee. She married Samuel Bradshaw in 1804 in Davidson County, TN. They had four children, Elijah, William, Elizabeth, and Rebecca. Rebecca married George Awalt Jr. William married Margaret Elizabeth Graham. After William and Rebecca died, Margaret and George got married. George Jr, and Rebecca and their son, Jacob Samuel and his wife Irene Bradshaw (daughter or William and Margrette), along with many other Awalts and Bradshaws, are buried in Old Red Rock Cemetery in Bastrop County, Texas. Other information from Mrs. Bradshaw lists Sallie Nancy's father as Elijah Jefferson Rhoades and mother as Elizabeth Eliza LaFlore. Elizabeth's father was Michael LaFlore and mother was a Choctaw Indian woman named Achuka. Michael was born in 1767 and married her in Okla Falya, Natchez Trace, Miss. Territory. She was the daughter of Chief Red Turkey. The LeFlore family was to be honored by the senators and represenatives of Mississippi by naming one of the new counties in Miss. after this historic family and misspelled the LeFleur name as LeFlore. I have alot more information and if you want I will email you. Also, the LeFlore's are noted on the Oklahoma Geneology website under the Indian Territory. More research needs to be via the census for Indian Territory and the Indian Archives. Hope this helps.
Nancy

Re: George Sir Name

Posted: 2 Dec 2001 5:53PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 7:27PM GMT
Joyce

Have you had any luck on Jennie's parents My Grandfather was Jack Fleming Jordan 1903-1951brother of Mildred.

I would appreciate any help anyone could give

Thanks Randy

Re: Awalt/Rhoades

Posted: 22 Sep 2002 12:30PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2005 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: LeFleur/LaFlore, Rhoades, Bradshaw
Have you found the information on the Eliza/Elizabeth LaFlore/LeFleur who is said to have married Elisha Jefferson Rhoades/Rhodes? Have you located something that proves that she is the daughter of Michael LeFleur? The story told about Sallie/Nancy Rhodes who md. Sam'l Bradshaw doesn't paint her in a very good light. This story was told by an old gentleman who testified before the Dawes Commission when the families were trying to qualify as Indians. Happy to share whatever I have.

Awalt/Rhoades

Posted: 22 Sep 2002 1:49PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2002 2:00AM GMT
Nancy,
Thanks so much for the history of Nancy Rhoades. This family is fascinating. I look forward to continued research of it and the relationship of the Native American connection.

Re: Awalt/Rhoades

Joyce Bradshaw (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2002 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: Awaly / Rhoades
No I haven't found anything out anout Sally Nancy Rhoades
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.