Search for content in message boards

LaRosa, Peraina, Buttacavoli, DiPaola

LaRosa, Peraina, Buttacavoli, DiPaola

Posted: 17 May 2011 1:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LaRosa, Peraina, Buttacavoli, DiPaola
I am looking for information on or connections to other families of Giovanni LaRosa (Gugliclino & Angela Buttacavoli Larosa) born 1871 and Maria Peraina (Benedetto and Guiseppa DiPaola Peraina) born c 1882. Giovanni and Maria were married in Manhattan in 1901. They came from Belmonte separately.

Re: LaRosa, Peraina, Buttacavoli, DiPaola

Posted: 31 Dec 2011 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: Buttacavoli
My great grandmother, Elisabetta Buttacavoli (1861-1951)
was from Belmonte Mezzagno, Palermo. She married Antonino Ferro in Sicily. I haven't found the marriage record. She immagrated to Rockford, IL. in 1910.

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: Miranda, Cipolla, Buttacavola, La Rosa, Moscarello
Undoubtedly we are connected. Our family has Buttacavoli (aka: Buttcavola) and LaRosa in our family which is from Rockford Il. My husbands Aunt Rose Miranda born in 1898 in New Orleans, LA met and married Guisseppe (Joseph) Buttacavola who was born in August 1890 in Taft, Louisiana.
Both families the Mirandas and the Buttacavoli's moved to Rockford, then California. Joe's parents were Guisseppe Buttacavoli and Rosa DeCorte.

On the other side, the LaRosa's came into play from our maternal grandfather. Our grandfather, Rosario Cipolla (aka Chipalla) was the son of Biagio Cipolla and Antonino LaRosa. Rosario immigrated to the USA in 1909 with his cousin Salvatore LaRosa, where they immediately headed to Rockford, Il to live with Salvatore's brother..

Posted: 8 Jan 2012 3:42PM GMT
I have no LaRosa , Miranda, DeCorte or Cipolla surnames in my family. The Buttacavoli's in my family didn't come thru Louisiana, that I know of.

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 4:00PM GMT
My grandfather, Guiseppe Buttacavoli, immigrated to New Orleans, La. in the 1880's from Roccapalumba, Sicily and his family, wife, Maria (Fanara) and three daughters, Giovanna (my grandmother), Maria and Filomena followed in 1887. He eventually moved the family to Kansas City, Mo. His father's name was Matteo Buttacavoli and his mother was Maria DiChiara.I don't know if there is any connection but maybe your relatives were cousins. I'm trying to find out if Guiseppe had any brothers or sisters who either stayed in Roccapalumba or immigrated to the U.S.

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 5:40PM GMT
Maria Fanara may have been born in Roccapalumba and Guiseppe was from another area. If he was from Belmonte Mezzagno, then there may be a connection in the family. At least, cousins. Probably distant because they settled in different areas.

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 9:35AM GMT
Surnames: Fanara,Butacavola
I don't have the information you are looking for about your grandparent's siblings. But it looks like your grandparents may have been related to my great-grandparents.

My family records show that Conde Butacavola was a cousin to my great grandparents, Luige & Anna Fanara. Luige emigrated from Sicily to Louisiana in 1883. He worked for the railroad then made it to Kansas City where he decided to make his home. He wasn't able to send for his wife Anna and his children from Rocca Palumba, Provingia of Palermo, Sicily until 1890. When they arrived their cousins, the Conde Butacola family, took them in until they could get a home of their own.

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 3:41PM GMT
Thanks for replying to my inquiry. Who were the children of Luigi and Anna Fanara? Did they stay in Kansas City? Did they have a daughter, Anna, who was married to Sam Tantillo who had no children but a niece, Lena Fanara lived with them here in Kansas City.

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 11:14PM GMT
Surnames: Fanara,Butacavola
Luigi and Anna Fanara had the following children: Annie (Antonina), who was my grandmother; Frank; Sam (Salvatore) and Concetta (who I remember as Consuela). Their daughter, Annie, was married to Joseph Savoca who had emigrated from Palermo, Sicily--they had 5 children. Their daughter Concetta married Stephano Caruso and I don't believe they had any children.

Yes, Luigi and Anna Fanara, after living in DeMoines,Iowa for "awile" they returned to Kansas City where they raised their children.

I don't see a Lena Fanara in the family tree but I don't know their son, Frank, and his wife had children.

Not sure if this is helpful but Anna Fanara was related to the Giordana family who lived in New York (Anna had an uncle in Sicily named Pete Giordano who helped raise her after Anna's parents died).

Posted: 8 Mar 2012 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: Buttacavoli
Try to connect with MARSHALL FAMILY TREE and owner rcmso.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.