Search for content in message boards

SEGERSON

Posted: 23 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Oct 2001 1:53AM GMT
Looking for information on Richard Segerson born Caherciveen about 1818. Wife Mary born 1832. Mary's maiden name might have been Denehy. They moved to Green Bay Wisconsin about 1850. The name has also been spelled Sigerson, Segersin, Sagerson etc.
Information on any Segerson family from Kerry would be appreciated.

SEGERSON

Julia Banks (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SUGHRUE, PRENDIVIL, HANLON, O'CONNOR, McCARTHY
You can join the Clann O'Siochru (Sugrue) by writing to Bill Conole, 4 Chamberlain Rd., Westford, MA 01886, including a check for $US15. For the $15 you get:
1. access to the data-base
2. a directory of clann members showing their place of origin
3. a Newsletter which is published 4 times per year
4. and a growing list of Sugrues on-line.

Very good value in my opinion.
Edited: 28 Oct 2001 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Segerson, Dennehy, Raftery, McCracken, Fletcher
Please let me know how to join.......M.L. Raftery

SEGERSON

Julia Banks (View posts)
Surnames: SEGERSON
I understand that Segerson is one of the many variations of spelling Sugrue. Are you aware that there is a Sugrue Clan that has an extensive data-base. You can contact Clare Powanda--clarepow@sprynet.com for a free search of the data-base. But to get any information you have to join the Clan.

more notes

pat o'connor (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: sigerson
There were other Sigersons from the Strabane District of Tyrone, Ireland.

I didn't see any Williams but there was a James born in Lanark, Scotland in 1863, a little late for your James. There were many other Sigersons(and sound-alike names)in Lanark, Scotland.

I'd suggest checking LDS records if any of this sounds interesting.

sigerson

Pat O'Connor (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: sigerson
The name got me curious so I punched it into the International Genealogical Index file, British Isles, at the LDS Church. There were a couple of LDS extracted records from Ireland but they don't look like who you seek.

One was the birth of an unnamed female on 16 Aug, 1866 in Rathmines, Dublin, IRE. Her father's name was George Sigerson and mother's name was Hester Varian.

The other was an Alicia Sigersson, born about 1642 in Ballinskelligs, Kerry. Her father's name was Christopher and her mother's name was not given.

Fitzmaurice

Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2004 5:14PM GMT
Surnames: Fitzmaurice
Searching for Famine Immigrant Thomas Fitzmaurice married to Ann Shanahan. Thomas was from Kerry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.