Search for content in message boards

Obits - 1980s - "G"

Obits - 1980s - "G"

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 9:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gaither, Gary, Gentry, Gibson, Gipson, Gill, Gillon, Givan, Givens, Goatley, Goff, Goins, Golladay, Goodman, Gore, Gragson, Grant, Gray, Green, Greer, Grottenhaler, Guess, Gusman
Here are the Grayson County obits I have for the names starting with "G" in the late 1970s and early 1980s:

Gaither, Henry Clay - 1982 - also Card of Thanks
Gaither, Jessie Willis - 1985
Gary, Della W. - 1985
Gentry - Ray - 1984
Gibson, Annie M. - 1984
Gibson, Benjamin R. - 1982
Gibson, Earsel Luke - no year - May 14
Gibson, Garland - 1982
Gibson, Iva Ray - 1985
Gibson, Oliver Gobel - 1983
Gibson, Ralph - 1985
Gibson, Thatcher D. - 1985
Gipson, Virgie L. - 1986
Gill, Angela Nicole - 1983
Gillon, Geneva Cline - 1985
Gillon, Robert - 1983
Givan, Maggie Sipes - 1985
Givan, Mary Agnes - 1986
Givens, Mabel Oldham -1982
Goatley, Ida B. - 1985
Goff, Lula G. - 1979
Goins, Ernest - 1984
Goins, Viola Beatrice - 1983
Golladay, Esther - 1984
Goodwin, Leona A. - 1984
Goodman, Luella Cockerell - 1981
Goodman, Warren - 1985
Gore, Robert L. - 1985
Gragson, Effie - 1985
Gragson, Hugh - 1983
Grant, Brent L. - 1983
Grant, Elizabeth Pearl - 1982 - In Memory Clip
Grant, William Robert - 1985
Gray, Levy - 1985
Gray, Flora Mae Shields - 1985
Green, Charles W. - 1984
Green, Grace - 1984
Green, Mary Elizabeth - 1985
Green, Oscar O'Neal - 1983
Green, Tesia C. - 1984
Green, Rev. William A. - 1985 - Card of Thanks item
Greer, Daisy Embry - 1985
Grottenhaler, John T. - 1985
Guess, Howard - 1985
Gusman, Jewell - 1984

Please let me know if you need a copy of any of these obituaries.

VirJean Bozarth

Re: Obits - 1980s - "G"

Posted: 26 Apr 2003 1:57AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2003 3:17AM GMT
Can you please forward me a copy of the Henry Clay Gaither obiturary. I have the one of Jess W. Gaither. He is my grandfather.

Thank
Janet Cook

Re: Obits - 1980s - "G" / Gaither

Posted: 27 May 2003 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Bruggerman, Daily, Gaither, Hulse, Laslie, McKenny, McKinney, Stevenson, Watkins
Hello, Janet Cook,

Sorry for the delay. There was a death in the family and I am just now getting back to my email messages. Here is the obituary that you requested:

Gaither, Henry Clay
--- Henry Clay Gaither73, retired farmer of Rt. 2, Leitchfield (near Madrid in Breckinridge County) died August 13, 1982 at the Breckinridge County Memorial Hospital. / He was born May 2, 1909 in Breckinridge County. The son of Lynn Gaither and Mary Belle Hulse Gaither and the husband of Selma Laslie Gaither. He was a member of the United Methodist Church in Madrid. / Survivors include one son James Otis Gaither of Columbus, Va.; two sisters Mrs. Verde Stevenson of Leitchfield and rs. Donna Bruggerman of Louisville. Four grandchildren and two great grandchildren. / Funeral services were held August 16, 1982 at the Watkins Chapel by the Rev. Kenny McKinney with interment in Fairview Cemetery. (from the Thursday, August 19, 1982 issue of the Grayson County News-Gazette)

Card of Thanks --- We wish to express our thanks to our friends and neighbors for their many acts of kindness during the illness and death of our loved one. All the flowers, cards, food, and especially the prayers were appreciated. / A special thanks to Dr. Daily, Breck Memorial Hospital, and staff, also to Bro. McKenny and the singers, and to Watkins Funeral Home. May God bless each of you. // The family of Henry Caither (from the 8-30-82 issue of the Grayson County News-Gazette)

Regards, VirJean Bozarth

Posted: 15 Apr 2004 11:01PM GMT
Surnames: GUESS,DAVIS, HALL, SCOTT, BLAIR, WEBB, LEEHAWKENBERRY,
HI, I WAS SCANING THE MESSAGE BOARD, AND SAW WHERE YOU HAD LISTED A COPY OF OBITS FOR GRAYSON CO. KY.
I AM TRACING MY DADS FAMILY"GUESS". DO YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL INFO. ON HOWARD GUESS<DIED 11-12-1985? MY GUESS WERE FROM GRAYSON, HART, EDMONSON CO'S. ALSO LOOKING FOR A JOHN R. GUESS BORN 7-7-1935 OF WARREN CO. KY. I THINK HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN MY UNCLES SON, DIED IN BIRTH.ALL MY DADS SIBBLINGS ARE DEAD NOW, HARD TO GET INFO.
WOULD APPERCIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE.
THANKS.
NANCY GUESS HUDNALL
4-15-04
7:05PM

Posted: 16 Apr 2004 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Aubrey, Decker, Guess, Oller
Hello, Nancy Guess Hudnall,

Here is your requested obituary:

Guess, Howard
--- Howard Guess, 72, of Leitchfield, passed away November 12, 1985 at his home. / Born February 16, 13 in Texas, he was the son of James Washington Guess and Lee Della Aubrey. / He is survived by a close friend, Ruby Mae Decker, Leitchfield. / Funeral services were held November 14, 1985 at Watkins Chapel with interment in the Louisville Memorial Gardens. Bro. Wilbur Oller officiated. (from "The Record" - Leitchfield, Kentucky)

I have three census records for Guess - 2 in 1850 and 1 in 1880 if you need them. The 1880 census has a James W. Guess, age 10. Is he possibly the father of your Howard Guess?

Sorry, I do not have any more "recent" data on the Guess family. Most of what I have is before 1880. If you need those three census records, please let me know.

Regards, VirJean Bozarth

Posted: 16 Apr 2004 11:15PM GMT
HI, THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING MY LETTER.AOO OF A SUDDEN I HAVE GUESS POPPING OUT EWERWHERE. MY FIRST WAS MOSES GUESS BORN1800,MARRIED ELIZABETH HALL. THE 1830 CENSUS SAYS MOSES GISS EDMONSON, CO. KY.I THINK HE MIGHT HAVE COME UP THRU. MISS. AFTER THEIR MARRIAGE. APPERCIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE. I HAVE MOST OF MOSES DE CEDENTS, AXCEPT ANN ODD BRANCH AOLONE THE WAY.SOME DID CHANGE THE SPELLING TO GUEST, GESS GIST, BT MAINLY MY LINE IS GUESS.
THANKS AGAIN.
NANCY GUES HUDNALL
4-16-04
7:16PM

Posted: 2 May 2004 12:11AM GMT
HI, I would like to request the obituary of Givan, Maggie Sipes - 1985. Thanks for your time and help.

Kim Taylor

Re: Obits - 1980s - "G" / Givan

Posted: 2 May 2004 6:31PM GMT
Surnames: Duvall, Givan, Johnson, McCloud, Morris, Sipes, Wilson
Hello, Kimberly Taylor,

Here is your requested obituary:

Givan, Maggie Sipes
--- Maggie Sipes Givan, 93, of 1303 Howard Avenue, Louisville, formerly of Hardin County, died December 21, 1985 at the Audubon Hospital, Louisville. / Mrs. Givan was born December 13, 1892 in Breckinridge County, the daughter of George Sipes and Georgia Ann Johnson Sipes. Her husband, Park Givan, prededed her in death. / She was a member of the Mt. Olive Cumberland Presbyterian Church. / Survivors include: one son, Clarence Givan of Big Clifty; three daughters, Effie Duvall, of Cecilia, Cynthia Wilson, of Louisville, and Edna Morris, of Louisville; one brother Virgil Sipes, of Maryville, Tenn. Ten grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren also survive. / Funeral services were held December 24 at the Mt. Olive Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Bro. Samuel McCloud officiating, with burial in the Mt. Olive Cemetery. (from the Grayson County News-Gazette)

Delighted to be able to send this to you.

Regards, VirJean Bozarth

Re: Obits - 1980s - "G" / Givan

Kimberly Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2004 7:35PM GMT
Thanks so much for the info you provided on my great-grandmother's obituary. Have a great day!

Kim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.