Search for content in message boards

Search for Parents of Thomas Williams,1812-1864

Search for Parents of Thomas Williams,1812-1864

Posted: 6 Jun 2000 10:11PM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2003 10:51PM GMT
My gggrandfather Thomas Williams b. 22 May 1812 d. 28 Aug 1864 (Civil War) Married ll Sept 1834 Sophia Dekle in Thomas Co. GA. I have reached a dead end. If anyone has information of his parents it would be greatly appreciated.

RE: SEARCHING FOR PAREENTS

THELMA BOYINGTON (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 6:32PM GMT
I AM SEARCHING FOR TOM WILLIAMS,ALSO KILLED IN CIVIL WAR. DO YOU KNOW ANY OF HIS CHILDREN? TOM IS ALSO MY GGGRANDFATHER. WAS YOURS IN THE 15TH ARK.INFANTRY. I'M ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THE C W COULD NOT HAVE BEEN FAUGHT WITHOUT THE WILLIAMS BOYS,NORTH OR SOUTH. AND I;M BEGINING TO THINK MY LINE IS ONLY A FIGIMENT OF EVERYONES IMAGINATION. I WOULD LOVE TO CORRESPOND WITH YOU ON THIS. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS nanny@brazosnet.com. THANKS THELMA

Searching for parents

Posted: 9 Jun 2000 6:48AM GMT
Hi Thelma,
My Thomas Williams, killed in the Civil War was from Thomasville, Ga. He was in the home guard that fought at the last of the war. His wife was Sophia Dekle. My ancestor, his son, was William Williams. called Billy. whose wife was Mary Groom Miller of Thomas Co., GA. I am still earching for his parents too. He may have come from SC as many of the people of So. GA. did. I have not searched the census. If you find he is your ancestor let me know. Good luck....Fay

Searching for Parents

Thelma Williams Boyington (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 4:09PM GMT
Thanks Fay, Sorry we can't connect,but guess we'll just keep searching. Mine are suppose to be from either Tn, or Mo. or both. Can't seem to get it straight. These Williams boys ar very elusive. Thelma

Thomas Preston Williams

Joanne Cunningham (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 4:10PM GMT
Hi y'all ! My TPW was b. Rhome, Ga., Nov. 13, 1856., m. Mary Etta Wilson, in Texas, 1882. Father was D.C. Wms. Both d. in Abilene, Tx. Maybe all these Thomases were related. Don't know what D.C. stood for, except a son was named Dallas Preston Williams.

Thomas Preston Williams

Thelma Williaams Boyington (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 6:36PM GMT
Hey Joanne, my Thomas was born about 1815-1820,I'm thinking and maybe from Tn. Isn't this a merry-go-round ? All these Thomas' Well maybe we will connect them all up one of these days. Thelma

Preston Oscar WILLIAMS

Posted: 15 Jun 2000 7:49AM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2003 4:13AM GMT
My g grandfather, Preston Oscar WILLIAMS, was b 1848 in Alleghany Co, NC. His parents were Azel WILLIAMS Phebe HODGES who married in Surry Co, NC 1847. Maybe there's a connection.

Thomas/Sophia Williams

Posted: 18 Jun 2000 6:07PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2002 11:03AM GMT

Fay, Thomas/Sophia Williams are also my gg
grandparents. Please e mail me.

Thomas/Sophia Williams

Posted: 18 Jun 2000 10:28PM GMT
Dear Jane,
You are a dream come true. Have you done much research on our ancestors? I've done a good bit, but need a lot of blanks filled in. Would you be willing to share?
My line is Thomas/Sophia Dekle Williams,Thomas Co. GA., William/Mary G. Miller Williams, Thomas Co., GA. who married 2nd John Westfaul and homesteaded in Mobile Co., AL.,Robert M.(went by Westfaul) Williams/Josephine Frederic (Williams)Westfaul, Peter Oliver/Gladys Jones Westfaul(name changed legally}and me Fay Olevia Wesfaul Parks Wainwright. I would love to hear from you. I will be away for a few weeks. Mailing address is: 11325 East Point Rd., Theodore, Al. 36582 ::Please use E-mail fpwjcp@yahoo.com
Sincerely, Fay

Thomas Preston Williams

Posted: 21 Jun 2000 6:45PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2002 8:04PM GMT
Hi, my GGGrandfather was Thomas married to Mary Etta Wilson does anyone have any info? Please e-mail at lela2@cswnet.com thanks Leslie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.