Search for content in message boards

Johanna Sheehan, b. 1827 in Ireland

Johanna Sheehan, b. 1827 in Ireland

Bill McGinley (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2001 5:23AM GMT
Looking for info on Johanna Sheehan, B. 1827 in Cahirciveen, County Kerry, Ireland. d: 1909 in Colchester, CT. Married to Michael Lowery. Children: Daniel, Johanna, Mary,
Nora, John, Catherine, Margaret, Ellen, & Julia. Want ancestor and descendant infor.
Bill McGinley

Re: Johanna Sheehan, b. 1827 in Ireland

Posted: 30 Jun 2001 4:08AM GMT
Hi, Bill, my gggrandparents were Michael and Johanna Sheehan Lowrey. I am very curious to know how you know them ,too. Judy

Posted: 30 Jun 2001 8:21PM GMT
Surnames: Sheehan, Lowery, English
Johanna & Michael had a dtr. - Mary. Mary married Michael English and had a son Michael who had a dtr. Rosemary who is my mother. I am interested in your connection. E-mail directly to bill@mcginley.com if you wish or reply here.
Bill

Posted: 5 Apr 2010 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Connell/O'Connell-Keating
Bill: I posted Michael & Johanna Sheehan Lowrey also Ellen and Daniel on Find A Grave in St Andrews Cemetery Colchester Ct. It came off a list that I have for people buried in that cemetery. The site numbers are: Michael J #47245074, Johanna #47245420, Daniel M #47245487, Ellen F #47246067. If you have any corrections just let me know. I am not related to these people but just want this info out there. Rita

Posted: 13 Apr 2011 7:09PM GMT
Johanna and Michael were my great-grandparents. Their son, John Stephen was my grandfather.He married Margaret Cusack in Granby, Quebec. They had four children, John Cecil Lowrey, Anne Lowrey MacHutchen, James M. Lowrey and Clyde, my father.
I have heard rumors that Daniel O'Connell, the Irish patriot, is a relative.

Posted: 13 May 2011 11:51PM GMT
Hi Jack!

Just came across your post and see that we are cousins. John Lowrey was my great-grandfather and his daughter, Anne, was my grandmother. Please write back because your dad and my grandmother were siblings! How exciting! Maybe we can add to each other's trees! It's so weird because I have been wondering if any of her brothers were ever married! Fate!

Judy(judeconn@yahoo.com)

Posted: 16 May 2011 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Lowrey
Anne had three brothers. John Cecil livbed and died in Montreal. He had two children: Pauline (Known as Lady) died in Montreal and had no children. Guy lives in a Montreal suburb, Chateauguay, and has at least two sons.
James Michael (Tibby) moved from Granby as a young man and lived in Malden, Mass. He married a woman from Montreal named Ada. They had a daughter named Janice. Ada separated from Tibby and moved back to Montreal. Tibby never knew Janice until just before his death in 1965.
Clyde Bernard was my father. He left Granby when his mother died and lived in Malden with Aunt Mary English. I am his only child. I am married to Bernadette and have two grown children and one grown grandson.
I assume you're familiar with your great-uncles John and Graham.

Posted: 16 May 2011 5:03PM GMT
Surnames: Lowrey
Anne had three brothers. John Cecil lived and died in Montreal. He had two children: Pauline (Known as Lady) died in Montreal and had no children. Guy lives in a Montreal suburb, Chateauguay, and has at least two sons.
James Michael (Tibby) moved from Granby as a young man and lived in Malden, Mass. He married a woman from Montreal named Ada. They had a daughter named Janice. Ada separated from Tibby and moved back to Montreal. Tibby never knew Janice until just before his death in 1965.
Clyde Bernard was my father. He left Granby when his mother died and lived in Malden with Aunt Mary English. I am his only child. I am married to Bernadette and have two grown children and one grown grandson.
I assume you're familiar with your great-uncles John and Graham.

Posted: 18 May 2011 12:45AM GMT
Thank you for responding and giving me some new information. Do you know the name of John Cecil's wife so that I can add it to my tree. Just a correction, John MacHutchin is my father and Graham is my uncle.Of course, they are your cousins, so we are second cousins! They are Anne's sons. My father was born in 1917 and Graham in 1930. My dad, my sister, and I live in Pennsylvania(where our family moved from Ontario)and Uncle Graham moved to California from Montreal. Their sister, Vivienne, died in 2003.My grandmother, Anne died in 1986 in Cowansville. I have a few pictures of John Lowrey(your grandfather)and his wife, Margaret. I also have one of Uncle Tib, as my dad called him.
Judy

Posted: 18 May 2011 5:19PM GMT
I'm not sure about Mimi's real name. She was always Mimi to me. I believe her real name was Marie Antoinette or something like that. Her maiden name was Poitvan and she was from an old Montreal family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.