Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth TAYLOR (nee HOLDER) b Stanway 1869 > Canada

Elizabeth TAYLOR (nee HOLDER) b Stanway 1869 > Canada

Shirley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Oct 2009 12:28PM GMT
Surnames: Holder, Russell

My great grandmother, Elizabeth Holder, was born Dec. 13, 1869 at Papermill Farm, Stanway, Gloucestershire, England.
She married Owen Taylor Senior of Crimscote, Warwickshire, England. They came to Canada October, 1902.
I am searching for Holder and Russell family.
Elizabeth's parents were:
John Holder of Papermill Farm, Stanway, Glos. and Fanny Russell of Snowshill, Glos.
Their children were:
John b. 1855; Richard b. 1860; Albert Henry b. 1857; William b. 1863; Ann born 1865 and my great grandma Elizabeth. Please contact me if you think we are connected. thank you
Shirley from Canada

Re: Looking for Holder and Russell family

Trisha Sayers (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 4:59PM GMT
Surnames: Holder
I am reseaching Holder family at Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham, not yours i think but I have seen the Grave Stone at Bishop Cleeve Church to John Holder, Paper Mill farm, Stanway. Died Aston Subedge Jan 16 1900 Aged 96

Hope this is of interest.

Shirley Marshall (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 5:31PM GMT
What is the name(s) of the Holders you are researching

Emma Jane HOLDER b 1859 Bishops Cleeve

Posted: 2 Jan 2003 8:37PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2009 12:28PM GMT
I am reseaching Emma Jane Holder b 1859 she had brothers William & Charles. Parents were Joseph b1831 and Harriet, Josephs father was John b 1781 mother Anne but I think he might have been married before, a farmer in Bishops Cleeve, Woodmancote and Stoke Orchard all areas close together in Gloucestershire

Posted: 11 Nov 2008 9:54PM GMT
Classification: Census
Edited: 19 Oct 2009 12:32PM GMT
Surnames: Holder, Russell
Well Shirley we are related, how exciting! I am new to this but I can tell you a little of my background. My maiden name is Holder. My father was Leslie Owen Victor Edward Holder (bit of mouthful)born 1902 and died 1987. He was one of 12 children. His father was William Holder one of 7 siblings Brother to your Great Grandmother and Grandfather to me. He was Born about 1864 - died 1947. He married Lizzie T Collett (my Grandmother)born 1864 - 1944. Williams fathers was John Holder born 1803 died 1900 he married Fanny Maria Russell born 1828 Snowhill and died 1917. They lived in Paper Mill Farm Stanway Gloucestershire - a truly beautiful Cotswold village - I was there 2 weeks ago and found the graves of Sarah Ann died 16/04/1904 of Paper Mill Farm aged 38 yrs AND your Great Grandmother died 3/11/1917 (89 yrs) and John 27/04/1874 18 yrs. I haven't taken photos yet as the battery of my camera decided to play up. fuelled by this find I went to a place called Bishops Cleeve and found several graves stones of the Holders. Mainly JOhn HOlder Fanny's husband and 4 of his sisters Sarah Ann Elizabeth and Jane. I am still in the process of compiling all these records. Its all very confusing as they mostly called Sarah, John William Ann and Elizabeth.
Regards

Helen Kenneally

Posted: 11 Nov 2008 10:18PM GMT
Hi Shirley

With reference to my previous message. By all means email me at helenkenneally@hotmail.com

Helen

John HOLDER b 1831 Bishops Cleeve

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 5:53PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2009 12:30PM GMT
Hi Trisha

This may help. I have tracked a Joseph Holder born 1831 son of John Holder born around 1777 Stoke Orchard and his wife Pheobe born Bishops Cleeve. Joseph had 5 brothers and sister. Ann Holder born 1826, William Born 1829 Elizabeeth born 1832 Emma born 1835 and Jane 1838. All approx birth years.
Joseph and Harriet had 8 children.
Annie Born 1867 Bishops Cleeve Ernest born 1868 Bishops Cleeve Frank Born 1865 Bishops Cleeve William H Born1856 Woodmancote Emma born 1859 Woodmancote Charles Born 1861 Harry 1870 and Walter born 1863

In the 1871 census they were living at California Farm (poor writing so not sure if this is correct - am still researching) at Charlton Kings.

Regards
Helen

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 9:01PM GMT
Thank you for this email - sorry - I haven't responded but I had set aside my research and I'm trying to get back into it.
Hopefully someday I will visit this area, I live in Canada on Vancouver Island.

Posted: 23 Nov 2009 8:11AM GMT
Hi

I know what you mean, I've left it a while and can't understand my notes now! Since your message I have been in contact and met another cousin of ours Patricia. Francis Russell (the 2nd) married a John Stock and Patricia Cox is on that line so we share all share the same Great Grandparents. I really enjoyed meeting her and she kindly gave me a copy of a photo of our great grandfather John Holder born 1802/3 wearing breeches and a magnificent top hat! If this would be any interest to you then let met know. A first cousin of mine also recalls her Mother Sarah Fanny Elizabeth Holder writing toa relation in Canada so could that be a member of your family?
Would like to have any information that you have

Regards
Helen

Kind regards
Helen

Posted: 24 Nov 2009 6:42PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2009 8:18PM GMT
i have holders also,some in canada and england.....gloucestershire,taynton,leeds yorkshire,london im in touch with 6 holders 2 in canada,wales,leeds.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.