Search for content in message boards

CRABB's of Walthamstow Essex - Looking for descendants of Jack CRABB & Laura NIGHTINGALE nee ROSSITER (b. abt 1888)

CRABB's of Walthamstow Essex - Looking for descendants of Jack CRABB & Laura NIGHTINGALE nee ROSSITER (b. abt 1888)

Posted: 6 Mar 2006 11:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Mar 2006 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Nightingale, Crabb, Rossiter
I am looking for descendents of Laura Nightingale (nee Rossiter b1888c) and Jack Crabb.
Background:
Laura N M Rossiter married Henry J Nightingale in 1905 Woodford Essex and had 5 children, Richard, William, Douglas, Albert and Laura. Henry was killed in Action 1915 and the older 3 boys went to Barnardos.

Laura married Jack Crabb in 1919, living in Carr Rd Walthamstow Essex, it is thought that Jack may have taken on or even adopted Henry's children Albert and Laura as his own, although legal adoption didn’t start until 1927.
Jack and Laura went on to have their own children Leonard, Jack and Eileen. I’m led to believe that Albert married Ivy Williams under the name Crabb, having 2 children Maureen and Albert
It would be great to hear from any of the descendents of the Crabb's, especially any information on Albert and Laura.
(Walthamstow - Woodford, Essex)

Re: CRABB's of Walthamstow Essex - Looking for descendants of Jack CRABB & Laura NIGHTINGALE nee ROSSITER (b. abt 1888)

Posted: 19 Mar 2007 7:45PM GMT
We are Albert Nightingale's grandchildren from his marriage to Hilda Roddis. My father is Frank Nightingale. Please contact me.

Re: CRABB's of Walthamstow Essex - Looking for descendants of Jack CRABB & Laura NIGHTINGALE nee ROSSITER (b. abt 1888)

Posted: 20 Mar 2007 7:58AM GMT
Surnames: Nightingale, Outen, Boughtwood, Rossiter
Hi Sarah, I have sent you a email
Alan

Re: CRABB's of Walthamstow Essex

Posted: 1 Apr 2007 9:44AM GMT
Surnames: Nightingale, Outen, Boughtwood, Rossiter, Crabb
Its been great to find a connection with Sarah and find a part of my lost family... Now I have found Albert's decendents and corrected my errors, I am now looking for Laura's family.
Laura Nightingale was born 7 March 1915 South Woodford Essex, now London E18. As posted before, her mother Laura remarried, not Jack Crabb/e but Ernest Crabb/e in 1919 and lived in Carr Rd Walthamstow, I have found her birth GRO ref but nothing else in either Nightingale or Crabb/e.
Looking forward to the next break through...

Re: CRABB's of Walthamstow Essex

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 6:32PM GMT
As you say Ernest J Crabb married Laura N M Nightingale - registered in West Ham 3rd quarter 1919.

There is a birth registration for Ernest John Crabb also in West Ham 2nd quarter 1895 which may well be the one you are looking for.

Let me know if I can be of any further help via email at john@crabbe.info

Regards,

John

John Crabbe. (Member 629, Guild of One-Name Studies, since 1984.)
Researching Crabbe/Crabb/Crab/Craib & allied families worldwide.
Website "Crabbe Family Pages" at - http://crabbe.info/
Moderator: Crabb / Crabbe mailing lists and message boards at Rootsweb

Posted: 14 Oct 2007 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: Rossiter, Nightingale, Crabb
Hi
I am the grandaughter of Leonard Crabb, whose mother was Laura May Crabb and father Ernest John Crabb. I was looking to do a family tree on the crabb family and have been looking at some of your information. I would be very grateful if you could please share a family tree if you have done one, so i can compare.
Many Thanks
Francesca

Posted: 14 Oct 2007 12:28PM GMT
Hi Francesca
I have sent you a PM
Alan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.