Search for content in message boards

RICHARD BARFIELD/EPSY BARNETT Georgia

RICHARD BARFIELD/EPSY BARNETT Georgia

J W Turner (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2002 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BARFIELD AND BARNETT
I am looking for ancestors of Richard Barfield who married Epsy Bardin Barnett. They lived in Bibb Co. Ga. There were 15 children. Seven sons and two sons-in-law were in the Civil War. Does anyone know this family?

JW Turner

Re: RICHARD BARFIELD/EPSY BARNETT Georgia

Posted: 26 Jul 2002 5:08AM GMT
I have information on this family. It is not my direct line, but is probably related to mine. I also have a Richard Barfield of Bibb and Jones cos. GA. This one married Sarah McInvale. Contact me by email and tell me your connection. I'll see if I have anything. I believe your Richard was the son of William Whitfield Barfield who was the son of Solomon.

Posted: 4 Jan 2003 1:33AM GMT
My grandmother was Grace Barfield Reeves. She was a daughter of John TIlmon Barfield who was the oldest of the 15 children that you mention in your post.

Yes, I know this family. I am one of them.

Ann Sikes

Pamela Hiatt (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2003 3:40AM GMT
My great great grandfather was Frederick Barfield (married to
Bethenia Brewer in 1833 in Wilkinson Co., GA). Frederick's
father was William Whitfield Barfield (married to Miss Cobb) and is the son of Solomon. Do you have any other information
on this line. I am especially looking for Bethenia Brewer's
parents.

Thank you for any information you can give me!

Posted: 21 Aug 2011 3:25AM GMT
My name is Alan Tomberlin (barfield). My father was Lanier Taylor Barfield. He was killed in Albany, Ga. before I was born. My Great Great Grandfather was Richard,My GGreat Grandmother was Epsy.

Posted: 26 Aug 2011 6:51PM GMT
Alan - I am trying to help two ladies get into our DAR chapter on their Barfield lines. Is there ANY document out there that connects William Whitfield Barfield with Frederick Jones Barfield? Thanks for your help.

Posted: 1 Sep 2011 8:23AM GMT
Hello Ann. It's Alan Tomberlin. Your Grandmother is buried @ the cemetary in Bibb Co. My Cellphone # is 770-947=7711. Call me any time. My cousin Sammy Barfield cellphone # is 478-973-1371.He lives in Bibb Co.

Posted: 2 Nov 2011 1:14AM GMT
There is a vast amount of info available on line in the History of South Carolina. Jesse Barefield is a direct line to this Richard Barfield. Jesse had many battles with Francis Marion aka The Swamp Fox.

Posted: 13 Dec 2011 2:27AM GMT
Hello Cindy. I'm not sure of a connection Between WWB and FJB .But I will see. I'm new to this Geneaology stuff.

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 5:12AM GMT
Frederich Jones Barfield born 1805 is the sn of William Whitfield Barfield I have lots of info on him and his offspring email me. am happy to share
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.