Search for content in message boards

Great Rollright

Great Rollright

Posted: 4 Apr 2008 3:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Webb
Hello there,

I am a Canadian family researcher interested in the Webb family of Great Rollright, Oxfordshire. I thought I would ask for some help...

For some years I have been trying get an orginal copy or photocopies of any books that may have inscriptions from the Great Rollright cemetary, or with old history from from the areas before 1850. Of course, I have the BMD records on disc but have had trouble finding anything else. I know that there was a very small printing of a book on the cemetery inscriptions from St. Andrew's - probably just a simple job, Id imagine, and available through Old Forge Stores, but I cannot seem to get a copy. If I could even get the Webb records from that book I would be overjoyed.

Also, I would happily pay for a copy in any form or condition of Rollright Past and Present.

I do appreciate any help possible - I have been so frustrated by all of my dead ends and I think the secrets of my family history are quite possibly in these documents - without these it seems my only option is trying to get to Great Rollright myself, which, from Canada or Japan is of course quite a task.

Any ideas??

Thanks very much for your help,

Nolan Webb
Kagoshima Japan
nolanwebb @ yahoo. com

Re: Great Rollright

Posted: 19 Apr 2008 2:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
Just seen your message looking for info on the book Rollright Past and Present. If you try the website www.baughen.demon.co.uk/rollright there's information on the publishers of the book and also details of Great Rollright History Group, who put the book together.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Jacqui
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.